• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

healthy breakfast?

roryben

Reaction score
I just finished my bowl of some sugar-infused "healthy" cereal. It wasn't great and has got me thinking, what is a healthy breakfast? I generally try to eat healthily but feel like this is where I fall down.

I want something that is as quick and easy as pouring cereal and milk into a bowl - I can't be doing with cooking/poaching/scrambling at this time of the morning.

Any suggestions?

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quaker Old Fashioned Oats. 3/4 cup in water, nuke for 1 min, add a spoon of splenda or a few raisins or mash up half a banana and mix in.

yayorc

Reaction score
try mccann's irish steel cut oats with some berries. I make 4-6 servings on sunday and keep in the fridge. Heat up for two minutes in the microwave with a little extra water.

And splenda? That's all chemicals. There is no way a teaspoon or two of raw cane sugar is any worse for you than a packet of splenda.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+ on oatmeal

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yes on oatmeal... I also add sliced bananas before serving

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yayorc
And splenda? That's all chemicals. There is no way a teaspoon or two of raw cane sugar is any worse for you than a packet of splenda.
lol

dimshum

Reaction score
Eggs are always a good choice. Add some black beans, salsa, spinach and you have a healthy, balanced meal.

mrpress

Reaction score
I'd rather sleep than cook in the morning so I take a bowl of Alpen muesli to work every day in a plastic ziploc container with screw-on lid. It's delicious and even easier than oatmeal. I eat it cold but I think you could eat it hot too. I get it from Amazon - not exactly cheap but worth it to me. Nice shot of energy, low fat, some minerals, and lots of fiber. There are many healthy cereals out there if you want to stick with cereal, you just won't find them next to the Frosted Flakes and Lucky Charms.

Steel cut oats are also a good suggestion they take time and are kind of a mess. Bananas are great, I'll eat one of them mid-morning followed by some mixed nuts and raisins.

jessetk313

Reaction score
+1 Preach on Brotha!

Originally Posted by yayorc
try mccann's irish steel cut oats with some berries. I make 4-6 servings on sunday and keep in the fridge. Heat up for two minutes in the microwave with a little extra water.

forStyle

Reaction score
I like kashi in lactaid milk. but not sure if that's healthy. definitely better than fruit loops.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rotate the following;
oatmeal with fruit
eggs with chopped bell peppers, onions and ham
cereal with fruit
eggs with low fat cheese

You can throw together a quick healthy breakfast quickly and yes it may require you doing more than opening a box of cereal. But to eat healthy and to feel satisfied it will take a little more effort.

speedy4500

Reaction score
I make an egg sandwich almost everyday.

You can microwave eggs; the texture suffers a bit as opposed to cooking in a skillet, but I don't like cereal or oatmeal, so subpar eggs are my choice. I scramble them in a container the size of my bread, microwave for about 45secs, stir and season with salt and pepper, 45secs more and its done. Sometimes I let cheese melt on top at the end and I'll put bacon or ham on as well. I often mix in salsa or other vegetables. In all, from cracking eggs to first bite, never more than 5 minutes.

That with a big bowl of Greek yogurt and fruit is my usual breakfast.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typing this makes me feel like a creep, but I've taken to drinking an iced black coffee with a scoop of chocolate protein powder. I like to wait to eat something real (greek yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, etc), until I've been up a while and made it in to the office.

Eugen

Reaction score
A healthy breakfast is that which gives you desired amount of proteins and vitamins your body requires.
Usually I have oatmeal with fruits, baked potato, bowl of fresh fruits salad, protein shake and 4 dates.
I was advised by my friend to add 4 dates in breakfast as they are effective in curing your internal disease.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads