• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes collegiate jacket is nice, the sleeve is a bit long on me. Red hat will go when it's warmer.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
It's teh ****. I'm not talking about the cockgobbling way either.

Not really, unless you're referring to, like, the stereotype of rose from mid '70s, sweet Californian "blush" wines.

There are plenty of very dry, good roses out there. And also bias against sweet wines a priori is sort of dumb. It's not terribly hard to find good Riesling.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was joke, I agree with you and also like riesling
redface.gif

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Berlin, nice to see you! Looks good, nice silhuette on the jeans, great colors.
Thanks Bobo! You haven't posted a fit in ages.
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
Yes collegiate jacket is nice, the sleeve is a bit long on me. Red hat will go when it's warmer.
I like the red. It, well, caps off the fit nicely IMO.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
was joke, I agree with you and also like riesling
redface.gif

ah, well in that case I suppose I've used up my internet pedant allotment for the month
laugh.gif

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Thanks Bobo! You haven't posted a fit in ages.

I like the red. It, well, caps off the fit nicely IMO.

Thanks Berlin!
smile.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
notwitit, you wanted some layering options for underneath?...silent is pretty good for gilt prices lol. some of there new f/w 2011 stuff will have asymmetrical hems iirc.

Rad, thank! I'll keep an eye out. Silent's gotta be on a 30 to 45-day cycle on Gilt, so hopefully something will come up before long.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by tonio028
Were these for me? I know the jeans gets no love, but I like the change up now and again. I have slimmer jeans and darker denim and tons of other OCBDs, just not what I happened to be wearing on this day.

I know the baggier washed jeans aren't everyone's taste though
frown.gif

Yeah, that was for you. Seriously, though, outside of the bolded part, great fit.

Originally Posted by slack tide
Just the normal stuff...
smile.gif

47957d76.jpg

c6801ee9.jpg

Are you seriously wearing the button that comes with that thing?
eh.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Are you seriously wearing the button that comes with that thing?
eh.gif

Yep..the sun is kind of hitting it and making it prominent but it's really not all that crazy or hideous looking. Just a little silver pin. I'm going to take it off though. Just kept it on for the first time wearing it..

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
"good fit on the pants!"

Good looking out on the fit details. I have to get one in Navy now. Great pants for summer, very lightweight

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SDKJq.jpg

alternates, deets...
6muXI.jpg

yhkRG.jpg

zegna
massimo dutti
vtg DM

what's up, internets?

facepalm.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Saturday.

All stuff I've worn before, thrown together slightly differently. Last time I wore these pants there was an obvious crotch issue, I think wearing them at a better height and with different underwear the problem's been reduced (surgery wasn't an option) to the point that they're wearable in polite company.

20110326_unbuttoned.jpg

20110326_buttoned.jpg

Heritage Research
Saint James
Uniqlo
Keds

2 thumbs up

BR- solid as always.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Yep..the sun is kind of hitting it and making it prominent but it's really not all that crazy or hideous looking. Just a little silver pin. I'm going to take it off though. Just kept it on for the first time wearing it..

Got it.

Also, not to come across as a hyper-critical asshole*, but are those sweatpants? So your outfit could basically be summed up as "sweatshirt, henley, sweatpants, white sneakers"? Add thirty years and thirty pounds of fat, and you're rocking the conceptual equivalent of what my neighbors - my loud, crass, xenophobic**, South Philly Italian neighbors - wear on a daily basis.***

I'm not saying that W+H and CP aren't worlds apart from Russel Athletics and Reebok, but categorically speaking, it's just not streetwear; it's lounge-wear, athletic-wear, or "50-something bearded fat guy drinking a Bud Lite yelling at the TV during the Phillies game"-wear.****

All this stuff is nice, but as an ensemble, I wouldn't even wear it to the drug store, much less to a restaurant, bar, concert venue, whatever.

*I'm not saying that I'm not, just that I don't want to come across that way.
**Which is kind of ironic, if you think about it.
***Ok, maybe not so much the henley.
****This is, obviously, just a matter of opinion.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^this doesn't mean much. it's overly reductionistic to take an outfit and call it out by "garment category" and then write it off as too similar to something that doesn't have to do with design.

edit: that being said I'm not usually a fan of slacktide's schtick, think he would benefit from a little more structure and a little less hoodie and sweats etc

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
mellow, berlin, tank = awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads