• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes Nordstrom private label shirts?

ihaveaquestion

Reaction score
Well, just out of curiosity, who makes them? The quality seems fine and I can buy them cheaply from a local thrift store.

I did my due dilligence, there hasn't been any discussion on this topic yet, please fire away.
smile.gif

RedRaider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ihaveaquestion
Well, just out of curiosity, who makes them? The quality seems fine and I can buy them cheaply from a local thrift store.

I did my due dilligence, there hasn't been any discussion on this topic yet, please fire away.
smile.gif

Not sure, but I have a few of them and really do love them. They seem to fit me the best, the designs are nice and the price is right. I've gotten a lot of nice comments on them as well.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd like to know this, too. Mine are Egyptian cotton, fit well, look nice, appear -- at least to a n00b -- to be well-constructed -- and yet were very cheap.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to like them a lot, but they tend to fit me like a tent. and trust me, i am NOT a beanpole. the quality was really good, but i had to take every shirt to my tailor to have the sides and upper arms taken in.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know someone who works for them on importing, so I'll see if I can find out.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is their country of origin?

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talked to my source. Apparently manufacturer and country of origin are top secret information.
Sorry! Someone here can probly find out, but not me.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Talked to my source. Apparently manufacturer and country of origin are top secret information.
By US law the country of origin must be indicated on the garment ... so that part is NOT top secret. Now the maker may be top secret ... but I'm sure if we had our "old-timers" back ... they'd be able to figure it out ... easily.

Where is A.Harris when one needs him.

Newlaw

Reaction score
These are awesome work horse shirts. When they go on sale at Nordstrom Rack they are like $10-15 each.
wow.gif
Totally worth it. The construction is extremely solid, and care is as easy as it gets. Just throw them in the washer/dryer, give them a snap out of the dryer, and walla! They offer both traditional and slim fit. I found that for my build, sizing down the traditional by one size works well. The arm holes aren't as high as the slim fit.

RedRaider

Reaction score
I snag these up all the time at the thrift store. The non-iron ones are amazing - literally no iron needed. I sometimes use a steamer on them and they look great.

I truly think these shirts are a great, everyday office shirt that will last awhile. I personally think they are a lot better than more expensive shirts I own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads