• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I don't shave on the weekends. God doesn't care. Everyone else is free to assume I am growing a beard.
He cares that you put forth the same or greater effort that you would if you were meeting a person of relative importance, say the president. People who think otherwise are mistaken. If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
qj100.jpg

Manton, I really like this combo ... I'dve gone PS-less but the one have is nice as well. Where is the tie from? I need one asap
smile.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

qj100.jpg

This looks great Manton. I probably never would have tried it myself, as I'd be frightened off by the patterns/textures all together, but this looks really terrific. Can you tell me about the shirt?

cronicmole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
He cares that you put forth the same or greater effort that you would if you were meeting a person of relative importance, say the president. People who think otherwise are mistaken.

If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.

word.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He cares that you put forth the same or greater effort that you would if you were meeting a person of relative importance, say the president. People who think otherwise are mistaken.

If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.

I have no doG in this race, but I would encourage Manton to respond.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
In a church filled with hundreds of people, there are maybe two old men with ties. And me. Everyone else looks terrible. No guilt here.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Manton, I really like this combo ... I'dve gone PS-less but the one have is nice as well. Where is the tie from? I need one asap
smile.gif

The tie is from Buonanno in Via Toledo in Naples.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God?

I see a difference in that the person occupying the former exists; the latter, well, questionable.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
This looks great Manton. I probably never would have tried it myself, as I'd be frightened off by the patterns/textures all together, but this looks really terrific. Can you tell me about the shirt?

It's an OCBD by CEGO.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In a church filled with hundreds of people, there are maybe two old men with ties. And me. Everyone else looks terrible. No guilt here.

yeah, the synagogue I go to has very casual services. I'm one of a couple who were ties, and the youngest of those by 30 years. I wouldn't talk to a customer in shirt sleeves and an open neck, I have no intention of talking to god that way (not that I believe, but I still think that a place of worship deserves respect)

emptym

Reaction score
...If you were invited to the white house, what would you wear? So why would you do less when going to offer worship to God? Just think about it and adjust accordingly, please do not respond.
Depends on whether or not you're friends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads