• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
no offence but leaving a Brioni in a cart is just plain stupid,you hold on to that **** like dear life itself once its in your hands.dont ven let someone look at it.posession is nine tenths of the law.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
no offence but leaving a Brioni in a cart is just plain stupid,you hold on to that **** like dear life itself once its in your hands.dont ven let someone look at it.posession is nine tenths of the law.

+74528376.02

No ****!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

advice from the expert. i hope following your tips will lead me to great finds!!

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mistermidwester
Found some interesting stuff today. Nothing mind-blowing, but not like the drought it's been.
Also found a really sweet pair of Ted Baker pants. Again, too big for me (40x34 (with at least an inch to drop)), so likewise PM me if you're interested tra

heyyyy pretty sure I passed on those exact same ted baker pants last week, guess I know where you shop now
teacha.gif
can't remember why I didn't pick them up, maybe since they were a 40.

in other news i found 2 pairs of florsheim cordovan longwings the other day. 1 black, 1 burgundy.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
heyyyy pretty sure I passed on those exact same ted baker pants last week, guess I know where you shop now
teacha.gif
can't remember why I didn't pick them up, maybe since they were a 40.

in other news i found 2 pairs of florsheim cordovan longwings the other day. 1 black, 1 burgundy.

Are you selling em? If so what size are the burgundy's?

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right of course, but it wasn't a huge loss. It wasn't exactly my style, so I would have been buying it to flip, and at $20, I probably wouldn't have made much on it. Unlike some other spots, this particular Goodwill knows the value of a Brioni, and they price their goods accordingly.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
You're right of course, but it wasn't a huge loss. It wasn't exactly my style, so I would have been buying it to flip, and at $20, I probably wouldn't have made much on it. Unlike some other spots, this particular Goodwill knows the value of a Brioni, and they price their goods accordingly.

IMO $20.00 isn't a great deal unless it was perfect. I picked up Brioni at Off 5th in clearence for under $30.00.

Georgia

Reaction score
I went back to the estate sale today, and picked up a few other things:

EstateLot2Belt.jpg

PRL Chambray work shirt
RLPL Pink gingham dress shirt
PRL suede belt

Details:
EstateLot2Chambray.jpg

EstateLot2RLPL.jpg

EstateLotBelt.jpg

Total cost: $58

Navi

Reaction score
Off to the rich people hills to thrift and do some family stuff, wish me luck boys!
biggrin.gif

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot - I also picked up a pair of John Varvatos suede ankle boots at the GW for $12. Sort of like a more stylish version of Blundstones. They were almost an afterthought, but now that I've cleaned them up and worn them, I think I like them quite a bit for streetwear.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a YSL leather blazer today. Not my size, bought specifically to resell but I'm no thrifter or reseller and truly have no idea what kind of value this would have.
ZXXU9s.jpg
TUTsns.jpg
zfFSts.jpg
43wEJs.jpg
some minor gunk on a sleeve
k46qBs.jpg
missing the two buttons cost me $30. Should I return it, as it's not my size? Worth it to fix up/clean and sell?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stopped in at the place I rarely buy anything from to make a donation so that I wouldn't run back into my own stuff while thrifting
smile.gif
(they have a better value eye than I do so I will never find a good deal there--They have furniture and design stuff on the level of Frenchy's finds...but priced at what Frenchy flips it for)

50% off framed art and canvas...I made a few purchases.
IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

The last two are 3'x3' and 4'x3' and there were a ton of pieces from the same artist (in many other shapes and sizes, 2x4, 1x2, etc). I asked and they said it was an artist from Oak Park who had passed away recently. His name was Jacobson or something (they weren't 100% sure) and he had never shown his work--his children found piles of it and donated it. There was a ton more in the store, plus they said there was more in the back and more at their other location.

I particularly liked these two but they were almost all studies done in the same style. $40 for all 4 (you couldn't even buy paint for that)

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
ok i think i win for today....... I found a Sulka Leather Coat with cashmere lining for a whooping $5

Ok it took me a while to get over my hang over from spring break
laugh.gif
and to get some pictures done but here it is......

March25-132.jpg

March25-146.jpg

March25-140.jpg

Anyone know what this retails for? or where I should price this at? I have been doing some research and cannot find much....

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads