• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
75 mins easy,
ended up covering 10.5 miles. Finally getting to a point where I can relax the pace even with the Garmin on.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Less than 20 g a day.

That's hardcore low carb.... I am keeping it to about 80g a day, very difficult for me as a vegetarian to get below that.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sam,
16 x 400? That is a really intense workout, especially when doubling. 3 miles tonight until I turned back from a planned 6, the hail was making things dangerously slippery. Don't want to twist an ankle or worse with spring coming.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yesterday I slept in, partly from stress, partly from this cold/allergies that are going around. It's threatening to move to my chest, but I'm being aggressive in dealing with it so perhaps I can head this off before Sunday's half.

Speaking Of: I picked up my packet yesterday, it had a nice tech shirt, socks, and a hat, and a bunch of flyers for summer races which I'd not seen much of before.

Also: My Mizuno Inspires turned up so I thought I'd give them a test spin: the heel is lower than I'm used to but they're pretty snappy and firm. Covered 5.3 miles this morning in 40:00 which is slower than a lot of my recent mileage, but all things considered I'm pleased.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
last night approximately 11 - 7 mile run to the track at 6:35 pace, 8 x 200 with 200 m jogging recovery,
1 400 and then 2 miles cooldown at 8:30 pace.
Ran the 200's/400 to get prepped for a 5k this sunday.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOICE Mr. Blackbones.

Today, I treated myself-I brought my gear with me in the car and decided to run in Palos Hills after my morning meetings.
It was super fun, super muddy, and lots of technical trails.
I did about 8 miles, didnt keep time, didnt listen to music. I was the only one on the trails.
I put some pics up on my twitter.
I think the terrain helps my PF, as my lower legs and feet feel awesome.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ looks like fun!
Got out for 8 this evening in about 52 mins.
I am working on using my arm swing to extend my stride a little bit and the interplay between arms and legs is surprisingly noticeable.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: last run before tomorrow's half, so I did 6.7 in 50:13. Part of it was that I wanted to acclimate to the incoming heat and humidity - after months of winter training, those first couple of weeks of spring are rough. Part of it was that my legs were feeling beat up from the Mizunos, and I wanted some confidence that my legs weren't too badly beat up. And finally, my best runs seem to come from consecutive days' training - kind of a run-up - so we'll see how it all goes down tomorrow.

As it was, I rested twice this week anyway, so this was a lower-mileage week for me.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 for me today to shake off the pre race cobwebs--tomorrow, Taconic Road Runners 5 mile mud run! wheeeeeee

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
almost everyone is racing this weekend . . .
8.2 today very easy.
Trying to ready myself for a 16:30 or top five finish attempt at a 5k tomorrow.
My plan is to go out with the leaders and keep below 5:20s as long as I can. Should be fun, I have never raced a 5k before.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
NOICE Mr. Blackbones.

Today, I treated myself-I brought my gear with me in the car and decided to run in Palos Hills after my morning meetings.
It was super fun, super muddy, and lots of technical trails.
I did about 8 miles, didnt keep time, didnt listen to music. I was the only one on the trails.
I put some pics up on my twitter.
I think the terrain helps my PF, as my lower legs and feet feel awesome.

Nice pics. A "pure" run.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a muddy cold trail run in Westchester of 5 miles, superfun. Did a cannonball into a deep creek. Finished in the top 50/400 or so, it was quite a messy slog and now I smell like a swamp.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 mile warm up
5k race: 17:12 (5th)
Long run/shake out on tap later today.
Report:
I woke up to find that it was raining this morning and hoped that maybe the weather would discourage some fair weather folks that might be faster than me. I got to the course nice and early and kind of inspected it on my warm up run - it was a little bit more hilly than an ideal for a 5k track but I was fine with it.
I got to the start and saw that there were some fast looking guys in high school track get ups and I knew that it was gonna be tough to hang on. The gun went off and I got out towards the front pretty early and almost immediately broke away from any significant pack. Went through the first mile in 5:18 and felt pretty rough, especially considering the second mile was uphill. I got passed by a real fast guy at that point and pushed the pace to hang in with him, but ended up with the second place guy (also very fast) trying to grind out another fast mile. my garmin is being difficult at the moment and not showing the splits on my computer, but I believe I fell off the pace and had a 5:34 for the second and a 5:39 for the third. (guessing) at around the 2.8 mile mark 2 guys made a move and passed me and I was left standing still - could not even try to cover.
I ended up coming through just behind the 3/4 guys in a big PR at the distance. I think that I will run a smarter race my next 5k and not try to get out and rabbit so I have more left at the end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads