• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i have no idea where i get the cheek to contradict the resident expert spoo, but the ties are exactly the same... is there ANY reason why my tie might have a different lining??
musicboohoo[1].gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
i have no idea where i get the cheek to contradict the resident expert spoo, but the ties are exactly the same... is there ANY reason why my tie might have a different lining??
musicboohoo[1].gif

Nope, its strange. However, Im sure that the tie on ebay wont end past the first bid, Could be worth it to you to win it and get them both, compare in person if it bothers you that much.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am suspicious when a seller gives bad. blurred or tiny photos of the labels as this seller has done.
Where are the close-up photos of the labels? Label and material label close-up photos are a must, and the seller doesnt show this.
This makes it dubious at best and my gut says no. I am not saying it is not real, but I am saying it is ugly and looks cheap.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks authentic, it is absolutely ugly, but it appears authentic nonetheless. Something that ugly, I would not care if it was authentic or not
lol8[1].gif

Man of Lint makes a good point though. I would proceed with caution and if you buy, get it authenticated by posting pics of it to a Gucci representative.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay... forgone conclusion it's a knock-off.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First thing. Stay calm. Stay where you are. The GUCCI Identification Squid is on the way.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH I smell
spam[1].gif
here. The OP has posted 9 times on SF with various designer branded garments been sold on Ebay, and every time the brand name is capitalised, e.g. GUCCI, DSQUARED.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads