• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

themache

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Anybody own or handles these suede bucks?
Maybe even better pics?
Mx9pi.jpg

I picked up a pair in snuff suede from Alden NYC in late January and love them. Several compliments the few times I've worn them so far. Incredibly comfortable, and like someone else said, just like the unlined chukka but PTB style. Oiled leather sole, too. Highly recommended.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themache
I picked up a pair in snuff suede from Alden NYC in late January and love them. Several compliments the few times I've worn them so far. Incredibly comfortable, and like someone else said, just like the unlined chukka but PTB style. Oiled leather sole, too. Highly recommended.
is this on the Leydon last? I really like the sleek silhouette

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR

Barrie.
Tom had some blue ones last year.

Suede is a pretty resilient material. There's an interesting (for shoe nerds) video on the leffot blog of him washing som unlined chukkas.

themache

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Yeah, Barrie last. When i was at Alden NYC in January they had navy, snuff, tan and dark brown (chocolate?) versions of this shoe. Maybe give them a call if you can't stop by the store? I haven't really seen these anywhere else.

nbernie

Reaction score
ugly.

REguy

Reaction score
^These crazy saddle color combos always speak to me, but then my better judgement tells me I just can't pull them off.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Barrie.
Tom had some blue ones last year.

Suede is a pretty resilient material. There's an interesting (for shoe nerds) video on the leffot blog of him washing som unlined chukkas.

Just picked up a pair of the blue unlined from the Alden Shop in DC - on the Barrie. Sweet.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at Brooks brothers today and the salesman told me the current 25% off corporate card sale applied to all shell alden. So they are about $450 + tax

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Definitely? The photos look much more brown than the 975 to me.

Yeah, I'm going to stay with definitely, for three reasons. If it was brown, they would not call it burgundy. Second, if you look at the other shoes they are offering, every one is a standard stock Alden model. Third, $610.00 is the exact new msrp of the 975.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Another shot of the snuff that I had posted earlier in the week. They look great in person, imho.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Barrie. Tom had some blue ones last year. Suede is a pretty resilient material. There's an interesting (for shoe nerds) video on the leffot blog of him washing som unlined chukkas.
I first saw that video a year ago and was amazed with how great the chukkas turned out.
Originally Posted by sf_esq
I had to size down. It's roomy, IMO.
Yeah, I sized down 1/2 size too. Same as with the Trubalance and Barrie

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Another shot of the snuff that I had posted earlier in the week. They look great in person, imho.
mmmm, love the heel... what have you worn these with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads