• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would have been excellent without the writing on your pants, still great though no doubt

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see you over here, whizkit. I always like your stuff on sufu.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
so much good stuff: asobu looks great, and totally comfortable in his clothes (not comfort like sweatpants comfort, you know what I mean)

synth from a few pages back looks awesome in motion, gosurfurace looks really good but I'm still undecided on the boots

whizkit looks cool, I was always on the fence about those Junya jeans but worn like this they definitely work, plus it doesn't hurt that your photo location is on point

That vest and pants I was wearing on the bonus shot were Philip Lim, it was at the sample sale and they were only $75 each but I totally slept on both. Just trying to get out of the habbit of impulse buys since I'm saving up for some special stuff. Still regret it though, especially the pants.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last couple pages have had A+ material.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit: changed to sneakers. More comfortable for walking. MOK. I like pants with cuff too. But this pants is already cropped/tapered, it looks weird if I cuffs them.
5561604789_5023d31da6_z.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been hanging around on the darkside most of the week so I've not really had much time to look in here, but there's some good stuff. Recent posts:

Originally Posted by Synthese
yaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnn

Wm1Ukl.jpg

Looks great.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Continuing the break in of my 3Sixteens:
Much more comfy after 2 full days of wear and stretch.

Nice fit on those jeans Rob
Originally Posted by aether

photo-12.jpg

photo-14.jpg
[/SPOILER]

This is excellent.

Originally Posted by asobu
[/SPOILER]click for alt

ss10 cotton scarf, aw08 navy wool/cotton handstitched DB suit, y's for men rayon/silk knit, RWs

I like this a lot.

Originally Posted by notwithit
Yesterday, actually. There was the rare intersection of me working from home and a sliver of sunlight still illuminating my backyard during lunch. That, and my neighbors weren't in their backyard, so I felt ok taking a few outdoor pictures.

03252011a.jpg
03252011b.jpg
03252011c.jpg
[/SPOILER]
W+H
3Sixteen
SExDB
Chucks

I didn't know what everyone was talking about re: the degradation in zipper quality on W+H hoodies until I got this one with the old-style Riri zipper. The only other one I'd handled with a Riri zip is an old Spruce hoodie, and it has exactly the same paper clip-style zipper as the Ideal zips W+H uses these days.

Like it.
Originally Posted by GoSurface
^Phillip Lim.

Today:

H&M
Comme x 2
Docs

DSC_0018-1.jpg
I'm begining to see the appeal of this drapey layered stuff. Not something I could pull off but you do it well.
Originally Posted by whizkit
5559183074_dd6dbc95ca_b.jpg
hi, just dropping by
Perfect location for that look. I like it.
Originally Posted by mellowfellow

5561391697_9aff5b7e7e_z.jpg

5561394137_749117b619_z.jpg
I'd prefer a cuff on the pants but that's nit-picking on a good fit.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit

That vest and pants I was wearing were Philip Lim...Just trying to get out of the habbit of impulse buys since I'm saving up for some special stuff. Still regret it though, especially the pants.

Just buy the pants, man! Both are very nice, but together, make the wearer look like a jpeg.
laugh.gif

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
199241_911233453958_26712641_46606017_7902603_n.jpg
Dirty mirror, stupid towel rack. Have wanted to post a WAYWT for a while but I'm pretty much unable to due to this lens, will post more once I buy a 35mm and a tripod. J.Crew Peacoat, some random cashmere scarf.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a plunge on a relatively new brand - Baron Wells. Purchased a waxwear parka from them, but I'm unsure of whether or not to keep it. It has great details (like tons of yellow lining, which are unfortunately no-vis in this photo), but feels kinda tight in the shoulders and chest. Thoughts?
YLMPZ.jpg
Baron Wells Band J. Crew Norse Projects Common Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads