• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
that was 2+ weeks ago...no shoes yet. Thanks, OkiNi and DHL!
didn't mean you were buying because of pic, you're just the only one i know who has recently purchased them...damn it stop ruining my false equivalency !

kwoyeu

Reaction score
**** i want this so much. i hope it goes on sale one day
11259M030001_1_2.jpg

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/al...d_blazer/34819

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
junya x laboreur = scott.m wannabe starter kit

eh. It's a very plain, canvas chore coat with a corduroy collar. It hardly has a trace of the typical Junya flare you see with scott.m's outerwear.

kwoyeu, thanks for the info on foreign transaction fees.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
tts or size up .5. nikes are generally pretty snug

Nikes are the smallest fitting shoes I own. I wear them 2 full sizes above all stars.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I'm a 12 on a brannock, 11.5 in Chucks, and a 13 in any Nikes I've worn.

I'm not a huge fan of the swoosh, but as someone (I'm pretty sure it was fuuma) said, the swoosh at least blends into the design/contours of the shoe. The N on New Balances practically step off the side of the shoe and spit in your face with how jarringly incongruous they are. Also, most of them just look like running shoes, whereas the Nike Blazers at least look like casual sneakers.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Christ it's easy to sell Styleforum things. Just one picture, not even a full length shot and BAM 10 people kop.
If you're talking about the nikes, most ebay sellers have 4-5 images?
eh.gif

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
00030m.jpg

Saw the jacket a George Greene earlier today, fell in love for a minute, and then died a little inside when I saw the price.
frown.gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of APC NS in black (50% off because i traded in my old ones). What shoes go well with black denim? (Suede blazers in black and white are looking pretty appealing actually...)

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you like black blazers? I think they're just as versatile, if not more.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not the recommended choice for the MC/trad set, but for minimalist ish, they're pretty much a staple.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait I thought GN was talking about Nike Blazers, i.e. sneakers.

Not hard to match stuff with black jeans hoss, black boots or black oxfords (not too sleek or polished though) or black sneakers or colored sneakers in good colors like a good plum or slate blue.

Black blazers as in jackets are pretty slick but I'm leery of too much black suiting, reminds me of those Ferragamo or Boss ads with nonstop tans and jawlines.

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Why don't you like black blazers? I think they're just as versatile, if not more.

I was talking about the nikes, haha. black blazers as in the jackets are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics