• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really liking a few items from ebay I've never seen before on ebay or elsewhere:

2dan5ec.jpg

28vy3jc.jpg

161nb49.jpg

Does anyone know if I were to contact a RRL store, say in New York - like Nolita, with a specific product in mind that I know they would be making but am not exactly sure what it looks like from this season and I don't feel like waiting for them to pop up on ebay, will an SA email me a pic so I could decide on doing a phone order?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
soma, are these the pants that retail for ~$600. If so, I have been eyeing them. look incredible

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
soma, are these the pants that retail for ~$600. If so, I have been eyeing them. look incredible

sorry, didn't post the ebay link.

Harris Tweed oil cloth pants. Retail appears to the $425 and being sold for $200. Oversized by the regular RRL 2 sizes.

I love them, they look great, and sturdy as hell, but I can't get into cargo pants too much.

But the listing says made in the USA and I could swear the inside tag says made in China:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RALPH-LAUREN...item2eb417f666

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
sorry, didn't post the ebay link.

Harris Tweed oil cloth pants. Retail appears to the $425 and being sold for $200. Oversized by the regular RRL 2 sizes.

I love them, they look great, and sturdy as hell, but I can't get into cargo pants too much.

But the listing says made in the USA and I could swear the inside tag says made in China:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RALPH-LAUREN...item2eb417f666

very nice. just another example of an RRL item i didnt know existed but now want

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dastig
Just got a Light blueish green quilted vest. Not sure what collection it is from, but it is a new item. I also got a pair of slim once wash jeans.

I'll post pictures on Monday when I get it.

It's from Grand Canyon. There is also a red/organish one that I couldn't find a good pic of, It's basically a repro of the second vest on this Post Overalls blog post. Out of all I liked the red hunting vest the best, but not the color they made it in. Actually would have liked the blue quilted vest if it was a diff color as well. Here are the vests from Grand Canyon

gcvest.jpg

gcvest2.jpg

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really liking a few items from ebay I've never seen before on ebay or elsewhere:

2dan5ec.jpg

28vy3jc.jpg

161nb49.jpg

Does anyone know if I were to contact a RRL store, say in New York - like Nolita, with a specific product in mind that I know they would be making but am not exactly sure what it looks like from this season and I don't feel like waiting for them to pop up on ebay, will an SA email me a pic so I could decide on doing a phone order?

Both outstanding. Do you mind posting a link to the jacket, if you're not saving to kop for yourself?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Both outstanding. Do you mind posting a link to the jacket, if you're not saving to kop for yourself?

No, yeah, it's just a touch too small for me personally. It's cheap, there's some competition, and he lists it as vintage, which is about right given the tag and the bigger sizing for an L (equivalent to an XL nowadays):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RRL-30s-...item45f9986f11

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry, didn't post the ebay link. Harris Tweed oil cloth pants. Retail appears to the $425 and being sold for $200. Oversized by the regular RRL 2 sizes. I love them, they look great, and sturdy as hell, but I can't get into cargo pants too much. But the listing says made in the USA and I could swear the inside tag says made in China: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RALPH-LAUREN-RRL-HARRIS-TWEED-JEANS-LEATHER-BELT-31-/200589964902?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item2eb417f666
yeah, def made in China. Maybe the fabric is made in the U.S.?
No, yeah, it's just a touch too small for me personally. It's cheap, there's some competition, and he lists it as vintage, which is about right given the tag and the bigger sizing for an L (equivalent to an XL nowadays): http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RRL-30s-style-Work-Cotton-Jacket-Size-L-/300540260113?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item45f9986f11
I think this jacket looks better from the back then it does from the front. Love the belted waist

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, yeah, it's just a touch too small for me personally. It's cheap, there's some competition, and he lists it as vintage, which is about right given the tag and the bigger sizing for an L (equivalent to an XL nowadays):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RRL-30s-...item45f9986f11

Oh yeah, that is much larger than current Large sizing. Nice, though. I agree with Namor - the belted back is cool.. Way too big for me, though.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Well, I've tried 3 different styles of jeans (slim, slim boot, low straight) and I am the same size in all of them.

you have slim and low straight in the same size? do you feel you had to down size 1 to 2 from your dress pants? i.e., say you're 30 waist in dress pants, you would go to 29 or 28 on jeans waist

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harbin
Found a pair of white cords slim fit on ebay for $60 nwt, worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Double-RL-RR...item27b9894dbc

It's a good deal. There are a zillion of these on ebay now, and I've seen as low as $39.99, but shipping is antoher $8 - $10. There are also a ton that are way overpriced at much higher than that. If it's your size, $60 is good.

I recently bought a pair of these. They are nice - slim, but not skin tight, and a little lower rise, but not too low.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
It's a good deal. There are a zillion of these on ebay now, and I've seen as low as $39.99, but shipping is antoher $8 - $10. There are also a ton that are way overpriced at much higher than that. If it's your size, $60 is good.

I recently bought a pair of these. They are nice - slim, but not skin tight, and a little lower rise, but not too low.

ya i would say if it's just $60, pull that trigger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads