• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Still a little cold for loafers without socks, but I'm not a *****, unlike UC.
fight[1].gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
looks better with no socks
fistbump.gif

Had to jeans it up today & snake a plugged up drain. Fun!

Parker, coat is dope. A recent one from Mina?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Spring Challenge. Of course, I am probably one of the few guys on here that is actually getting some Spring weather today.
smile.gif

Domenico Spano Dupioni Suit
Borrelli shirt
Roundtree and Yorke tie
Borrelli suede longwings.

Have a good one!

Mike

Spring1.JPG

Spring2.JPG

Spring3.JPG

Suit is coo. Could be more contrasty IRL, but from the pics, but shoes are a weeee too close in color to the suit. Plus, the dark thick sole says fall/winter to me. This fit is crying for a brick sole
devil.gif

Originally Posted by acridsheep
AS_325_winnerbydefaultmaybe.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Great find on the shoes! Burn that pocket sqaure tho
uhoh.gif
Rose silk satin goes with nothing. Trust me on this one.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
well hello there ...
525c354b.jpg

14c14629.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I like how the blue contrasts with the suit color. I also think the color of the shoes are a great contrast as well. However, I also think that tassel snuff suede loafers look great with jeans...and that's about it. Sorry mang.

Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
w6v05k.jpg

160cw1h.jpg

2iaan1l.jpg

(Maybe I should have re-done the seersucker??)
3 roll 1 suits can look great, but odd coats...from what I've seen they only look good in tweed/flannel. This looks like an orphaned suit jacket. Sorry my mod brother, but if you've got the matching pants, it'd look much better.

Originally Posted by LilacCords
SPRING CHALLENGE

PURPLE1-1.jpg

Have a great weekend.....
Hello, The Situation.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Worn in London some times ago, at an interview at the Uni of Arts.

007.JPG

014.JPG

I like all the parts, but the whole comes across as a touch too busy.
Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm105.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I don't mind the concept of a velvet tie, but I'm not sure it works with the more summer leaning trousers.
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I'm listening ...
I think it's the low contrast top half combined with a fairly dark bottom half that jars slightly. If the trousers were a bit lighter or the tie a bit darker the two halves would work together better.

Originally Posted by Mr.K
Busy Day Running Around Car Shopping & Trying a New Hat

015-4.jpg

014-5.jpg

017-4.jpg
[/SPOILER]

the hat is a tad too 'Popeye Doyle' for me -the rest looks good.
Originally Posted by Navi
(massachusetts) Spring Challenge

1301094241-picsay.jpg

1301096231-picsay.jpg

1301096749-picsay.jpg
[/SPOILER]
SC needs a drycleaning, but I love this PS!

I'm not quite feeling the tie/PS combination, although it's not terrible. Look as a whole isn't bad.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Happy Friday girls..

P1030616.jpg

P1030617.jpg
Bold and fun, with everything working together. Nicely done
smile.gif

In a hurry today. Haven't had time to look at other fits, unfortunately. Played with my camera outside a little. Here's my entry:

gkPSU.jpg
Still a little cold for loafers without socks, but I'm not a *****, unlike UC.
fight[1].gif
laugh.gif

I think it needs a different tie - it's very close to the SC. If it was a dark navy I think the whole would work better.
Originally Posted by Parker
I forgot the tie photo today. But was a dark brown waffle-y thing on a light blue shirt. Boots need a good brushing.

prkr1.jpg

prkr2.jpg
Nice SC.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I forgot the tie photo today. But was a dark brown waffle-y thing on a light blue shirt. Boots need a good brushing.

prkr1.jpg

Is this coat NSM?

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I'm not quite feeling the tie/PS combination, although it's not terrible. Look as a whole isn't bad.

could you get a tiny bit more detailed? I thought the tie and PS went great together. I just dont understand why it "isnt bad", I can take criticism but I'd like to know what to change in the future....

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, Parker. What are the boots and trousers?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(massachusetts) ...

I like the clean look of this tie with the coat. However, the pocket square clashes with the stripes of the tie. To wear this ps, a solid tie would work better. Or, if keeping the striped tie, a more neutral (solid?) ps would work. I like the socks, but not with this tie. Argyle v stripes

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could you get a tiny bit more detailed? I thought the tie and PS went great together. I just dont understand why it "isnt bad", I can take criticism but I'd like to know what to change in the future....

The pale stripes of the tie and the pale check of the PS fight with each other. The colours are okay.

Qelsem

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The basic leisure look: quilt jacket, corduroy cap, cashmere sweater, gingham country shirt, woollen Fraser tartan tie, thick corduroy trousers, camel hair scarf, veldtschoen boots and a bridle leather shoulder bag.

26_03_2010.jpg

26_03_2010b.jpg

26_03_2010c.jpg

26_03_2010d.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gkPSU.jpg

Those are some ugly-ass socks, ace. SC is beautiful but looks too snug, and that's coming from a guy who really likes snug SCs.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Nice SC, TB.
Thanks, Mike. Gonna give me a pass on the pink shirt this time?

Originally Posted by ManofKent
I think it's the low contrast top half combined with a fairly dark bottom half that jars slightly. If the trousers were a bit lighter or the tie a bit darker the two halves would work together better.
Thanks for clarifying, MoK. I see exactly what you mean.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
SC is beautiful but looks too snug, and that's coming from a guy who really likes snug SCs.

I told you he was Spoo-ish.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I like the clean look of this tie with the coat. However, the pocket square clashes with the stripes of the tie. To wear this ps, a solid tie would work better. Or, if keeping the striped tie, a more neutral (solid?) ps would work. I like the socks, but not with this tie. Argyle v stripes

I dont see it, the checks on the PS are much smaller than the tie stripes and its not like my socks are right next to my tie clashing. But thanks for clarifying.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I told you he was Spoo-ish.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads