• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I am actually considering these pants as well. I contacted the seller for measurements but never got a response.

For make-an-offer, the seller can do it one of two ways: 1) They can view all offers that come in manually, or 2) They can have ebay automatically decline offers below a certain amount (set by seller). The "good" offers are then sent to the seller to consider

So is this worth the asking price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3868wt_1139

I am guessing this is $190 retail.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am actually considering these pants as well. I contacted the seller for measurements but never got a response.

For make-an-offer, the seller can do it one of two ways: 1) They can view all offers that come in manually, or 2) They can have ebay automatically decline offers below a certain amount (set by seller). The "good" offers are then sent to the seller to consider

on the page it says he'll be away till 3/28 so i guess he'll prolly get back to u once he got back?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am actually considering these pants as well. I contacted the seller for measurements but never got a response. For make-an-offer, the seller can do it one of two ways: 1) They can view all offers that come in manually, or 2) They can have ebay automatically decline offers below a certain amount (set by seller). The "good" offers are then sent to the seller to consider
They look interesting. For $50, almost worth taking a chance on them. Let me know if you pull the trigger. Edit: Whoops, $80. Still, I'll be interested to hear from whoever buys these what they think of them.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a flannel shirt or the flannel shirt jacket? If its the jacket, then yes I think it is worth the asking price. I believe King Leer sold one similar earlier today for $100 shipped

Well, the description says shirt jacket, but the pics look like just a shirt. Did King Leer sell on here or on ebay? I'll take a look at his.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Well, the description says shirt jacket, but the pics look like just a shirt. Did King Leer sell on here or on ebay? I'll take a look at his.
I tried looking and he already deleted it. He sold it in B&S

ataru

Reaction score
I have that shirt also, actually. I got it for $80 shipped from that other cheap seller- it was more expensive than their normal $50, but cheaper than the other sellers. If you check ebay patiently you may find it for cheaper too.

It is a particularly light flannel shirt, so not really jacket material although you could certainly throw it on over stuff. It's one of my least favorite rrl flannels due to the lack of interesting details- no cat's eye buttons, no contrast placket or behind collar, no reversed pattern on the backside, no gussets- all details I've generally found one or more of on other rrl flannels. That said, it's still nice and has great colors. Slim, but not as slim as the american graffiti collection.

NAMOR, my camera broke on me so no fit pic, sorry. But I think the blue oxford looked very good under that shirt- I think a white oxford would look good with it too. I got the idea from seeing OCBDs layered under flannel work shirts on some Japanese sites.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried looking and he already deleted it. He sold it in B&S
Originally Posted by ataru
I have that shirt also, actually. I got it for $80 shipped from that other cheap seller- it was more expensive than their normal $50, but cheaper than the other sellers. If you check ebay patiently you may find it for cheaper too. It is a particularly light flannel shirt, so not really jacket material although you could certainly throw it on over stuff. It's one of my least favorite rrl flannels due to the lack of interesting details- no cat's eye buttons, no contrast placket or behind collar, no reversed pattern on the backside, no gussets- all details I've generally found one or more of on other rrl flannels. That said, it's still nice and has great colors. Slim, but not as slim as the american graffiti collection. NAMOR, my camera broke on me so no fit pic, sorry. But I think the blue oxford looked very good under that shirt- I think a white oxford would look good with it too. I got the idea from seeing OCBDs layered under flannel work shirts on some Japanese sites.
Thanks, guys. I just got a message back from the seller acknowledging it is just a flannel shirt. I really like the pattern; I got rejected at $69, but might try a little higher or wait a bit longer. This one I also really like. A different animal. And not sure if I want another work shirt. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2900wt_1139

ataru

Reaction score
It is a nice pattern. I said it was one of my least favorite rrl flannels, but by that I mean out of ones I own, and naturally I only bought ones I liked. I think that besides the color it's the same shirt as a blue/yellow/white flannel that is also available on ebay.

Opermann

Reaction score
Is this a flannel shirt or the flannel shirt jacket? If its the jacket, then yes I think it is worth the asking price. I believe King Leer sold a similar one earlier today for $100 shipped
I think I snagged that one. Was it the wool overshirt from the Alaska collection? Incidentally I was in the Chicago mansion with my wife the other day and she was trying a bunch of stuff on, lamenting the fact that there's no official RRL for women (or very little of it). They had a new collection in named American Classics or something... I didn't like it as much as the Alaska or Lighthouse collection but there were some interesting Indian inspired shirts & sweaters. I considered a hand knit sweater with a jacket lining until I saw the $795 tag. They also had a Grand Canyon line which was a little more interesting. Saw a few really cool vests from that one--a vintage-y light blue and a very unique red one with big pockets.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
I think I snagged that one. Was it the wool overshirt from the Alaska collection? Incidentally I was in the Chicago mansion with my wife the other day and she was trying a bunch of stuff on, lamenting the fact that there's no official RRL for women (or very little of it). They had a new collection in named American Classics or something... I didn't like it as much as the Alaska or Seas collection but there were some interesting Indian inspired shirts & sweaters. I considered a hand knit sweater with a jacket lining until I saw the $795 tag. They also had a Grand Canyon line which was a little more interesting. Saw a few really cool vests from that one--a vintage-y light blue and a very unique red one with big pockets.
Yeah that was the one. I loved the color on that one. Are there any RRL shopping spots in Detroit? I am going to be there next week.

Opermann

Reaction score
Yeah that was the one. I loved the color on that one. Are there any RRL shopping spots in Detroit? I am going to be there next week.
Well I'm sure the weather will warm up as soon as it arrives
smile.gif
. I remember ogling it at the store when it was full retail. I know there's a RL store near Detroit (Royal Oak I think) but I don't know what their rrl selection is like. Of course there's always the adventure of outlet shopping, which I always try to make time for when traveling. I've scored a few amazing rrl deals at some very unassuming outlets.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
Incidentally I was in the Chicago mansion with my wife the other day and she was trying a bunch of stuff on, lamenting the fact that there's no official RRL for women (or very little of it). They had a new collection in named American Classics or something... I didn't like it as much as the Alaska or Lighthouse collection but there were some interesting Indian inspired shirts & sweaters. I considered a hand knit sweater with a jacket lining until I saw the $795 tag.

I think of all the stores East Hampton RRL is the only one that carries the full womens line

The jacket you described sounds like it's from Grand Canyon: lined jacket w/ native print and corduroy collar. Not sure if you are describing Bonnie & Clyde which is Boardwalk Empirish stuff, but the latest collection is called Heartland and has the best pieces of the season, although I'm not sure if they had all the key pieces at Chicago. There's a handful of pieces that will probably be sold out before sales start. Overall this season is my favorite by far probably since there isn't any overt western themed collection

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with el duderino. I have all the western shirts/oil stained pants i could have ever wanted. Its nice to see something 'new'

dastig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Anybody purchased anything recently from the new collections?

Just got a Light blueish green quilted vest. Not sure what collection it is from, but it is a new item. I also got a pair of slim once wash jeans.

I'll post pictures on Monday when I get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads