• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
Don't bro, don't buy any of that **** if you're still in uni. Trust me, just get a second hand bed (double, maybe queen the biggest you want) and maybe a decent computer seat. That's all. you'll be moving around like crazy for the next few years, and it's not like you'll be staying in nice enough apartments to justify some great lounge stuff. Nothing cracks me up more than a 42" tv in a matchbox apartment.
Thanks for the advice, I think I will go with a second hand couch or maybe a cheap futon from target. I was thinking Ikea for a couch but now pfurey has me thinking if I'm gonna do cheap might as well do really cheap and not feel as bad when it turns to ****. I'm still considering the TV, though admittedly I don't watch much TV and it'd be for gaming and movies
smile.gif
My flatmate probably wouldn't be willing to chip in for anything...

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
I also hate my coffee table, but it's way less of a big deal.

i find this quote, taken by itself, humorous

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
1BR apartment means you're wealthy enough to be living without flatmates, so i don't imagine your apartment to be a ****** ass student flat.

At some point, it just means that you are too old. I own a house now, but before I was married, at some point, it was just like "FFFFFUUUUUU", I can't deal with living with other people, and I got a place right by the Harvard Law School, which was about $1250 back in 2003, which is ass expensive for a guy on a postdoctoral salary.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have an informal meeting with a recruiter from a consulting firm (booz&co, if it matters) and the dress is "business casual."

what the **** does that mean?

counselor suggest i wear a a suit with no tie, but tbh i dont think that sounds good.

why am i asking you guys? i should post this in MC.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hourani skirted trousers, RO snakeskin boots, pugh suspender tank, prorsum studded leather vest.

alternatively, navy sportcoat, blue ocbd, grey trousers, trickers, pink socks.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the first one better but i'm dead inside so i'll go with the second. minus the pink socks, because pink socks are too nice and i don't like things that are particularly nice. same for the shoes.

pfurey

Reaction score
I'd buy a couch from cb2.com (700-1000), a Herman Miller Sayl computer chair (400), and go halves on a 40" TV. The couch and chair should last you a while, the tv will get outdated fast.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not as small as I once was. I've got way too many clothes that don't fit! My chest has grown 5 inches in the past year.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
I'd buy a couch from cb2.com (700-1000), a Herman Miller Sayl computer chair (400), and go halves on a 40" TV. The couch and chair should last you a while, the tv will get outdated fast.

We don't need a $1000 couch or $400 computer chair, we're only 20 and chances are they'll get fucked up, though I suppose the same could be said about the clothes I buy
smile.gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those are cool, was considering the green ones personally

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
Better than NB?

10.jpg

Much better, I don't understand why they're not more popular on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads