• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kunk's new leather looks good. Fit is just right.

AR's fit is good. I suspect that others would be more inclined to agree if he had Aeglus quality pics, although I don't want to start a debate on that subject as it has been covered sufficiently before.

Originally Posted by transient
I really like AR's fit but seriously, with something like leather hi-tops it would be out of the ballpark ez.

Agree. I prefer hi's over lows almost every time.

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It sounds petty, but black shoe laces would have a bigger impact on the overall fit than you'd imagine.

I'm not disagreeing, but the contrast from the white laces / sole on an otherwise dark fit works for me here. As long as laces are white / black / grey they really shouldn't matter in 95% of fits... it's so minuscule.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Agree. I prefer hi's over lows almost every time.
Eh... the shoes may tend to look more badass but the leg-shortening effect may be detrimental to the fit. I think I like this version more than when I wore basically the same thing with Rafstros but I'll do it again this weekend and see what people think.

Anyway my painted GATs just got here so I swapped out for those anyway. Lovin' life

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PP, love that last fit. That coat is fantastic. I settled for the navy version since i couldn't find grey in my size anywhere at the time and don't regret it.

I know we're on a forum about fashion and fits getting discussed in this thread is the purpose of its existence, but damn some of you guys analyze **** way too damn much. AR's last fit is case in point. White shoe laces throwing off the overall fit? Really? It's a fine fit in my eyes, nothing too special about it, but all looks and fits well.

themidship22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger

j crew
epaulet
jean shop
alden

I like this teger. What Aldens are those? I really want a pair similar to these.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
IMG_20110325_112753.jpg

Doctor! Doctor! Kunk's transformation into Lex Luthor is complete! There's just one thing we couldn't change, Kunk's swag.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
TOJ / Drkshdw / CP

I think this looks sweet. The second pics show the proportions aren't quite there. I think you could wear your pants just a little lower. Also a shirt slightly longer than the jacket would make the proportions much better. You need to swag out your posture. You have steezey clothes with a svb stance. Overall it is a solid fit though.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It sounds petty, but black shoe laces would have a bigger impact on the overall fit than you'd imagine.

I'm +1ing this

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themidship22
I like this teger. What Aldens are those? I really want a pair similar to these.

Look like the aldenxjcrew snuff suede boots

quasky

Reaction score
ar, one of my all-time favourites from you. sneakers work very well, and i think swapping in black laces might actually look strange.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am the last person to say **** like this regarding fits, but I actually +1 the black shoelace comment, although in a perfect world the shoes wouldn't be patent, just regular leather.
ffffuuuu.gif

pfurey

Reaction score
the quality between my pos leather and yours is like night and day. can't wait for my dr to arrive.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
random beanie / bs / boo / apc / white mmm lo's no vis

Do enjoy purple oxfords, but if the pic is an indication of how it looks in real life, it's popping a little too much for the rest of the fit, I think it would look better with a more muted color. If it's just camera trickery and the shirt does not appear as bright IRL, then good on the fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads