• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Nobody buys Rick at retail. Look at the attention that Gilt sale got over there. Humorously I think Fark might have paid retail for a lot of his stuff given how quickly it amassed. Dunno bout RFX

That bomber is from Gilt, no denying that.
I can't say I always pay retail but I got no problem paying retail, it's the only way to get authentic LV.
shog[1].gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
i'm not particularly cognitive today

How about dissonant?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
there's a couple there who do, but the people who are oh so offended that john meyer wears their precious ccp don't have the money to buy it in the first place.

Stop mmisrepresenting a position (that I don't agree with) and trying to guess people's bank account (you don't know any SZers and who cares about that anyway).

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Stop mmisrepresenting a position (that I don't agree with) and trying to guess people's bank account (you don't know any SZers and who cares about that anyway).

how is it misrepresenting? there literally have been posts about how certain people don't deserve to wear the brands. im not talking about the fark aesthetic discussion, but when pictures of people like john meyer wearing ccp come up, etc.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I don't think SZ is particularly sold on the DBSS sneaks. You would be better off with CCP or Julius boots. Fark is a dude who went on SZ, bought the **** out of everything they hyped and started posting some often pretty damned solid WAYWTs and had the SZ faithful predictably **** all over him for essentially buying their aesthetic... "you don't understand the background / history / conceptual underpinnings of your clothes", that kinda crap. Apparently it offends people who use their taste in clothing as a means to tell themselves they're artistic and better than others when you do that
lol8[1].gif

I think its actually the fact that he was blindly seeking approval. Have you seen the video he made of himself? Some of the hate was because he bought a ton of **** they probably couldn't buy in such a short amount of time, but still. Not to mention whenever people would suggest ANYTHING he would do it immediately. He shaved his whole head just because a handful of people told him to...at face value it certainly seems like he is seeking approval. Dunno bout now, because he is changing, but I definitely think he does hold their opinions very highly.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not like that then, if I wanted SF approval I should be getting NB instead of...
XNrxM.jpg

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was quick, when did you put in your order RFX? Still waiting on my pants.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
That was quick, when did you put in your order RFX? Still waiting on my pants.

Oh I ordered from ForwardForward, they have a free overnight shipping and in the same state as me. It was actually suppose to arrive yesterday (ordered Wednesday) but it got delayed.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3879+edit.jpg
1071.jpg
barbour liddesdale Nice to wear on a sports jacket, but Im unsure, alot of ****** "new rich" kids wearing them here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
First time I have straight up copied a "kop", this one will get a lot of play at the beach this year

36206957oa_12_f.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads