• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i have that shirt. i love it. probably my favorite blue ocbd (and i own a lot)

yesssir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i have that shirt. i love it. probably my favorite blue ocbd (and i own a lot)

It seems like it would be perfect for me because I have broad shoulders and a very slim waist. Larges are huge through the torso and mediums are too tight up top. Epaulet seems to save me the time of having my shirts taken in by a tailor. It doesn't help that all the tailors in Richmond suck.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yesssir
Mike, when are the new buttondown collar oxfords going up? I need one in blue and white.
At the moment, I don't have any Epaulet B/D oxfords on the horizon. We're restocking Blue and White in the point collars, and bringing in Red. We were scheduled to get the shirts this week, but I ran out of the little "Epaulet" woven labels that go in the back, so I'll need about another seven days or so. I do have a blue B/D oxford coming out under Ashland for Epaulet. That one's made by Gitman Bros, and fits similar to Gitman Vintage, but with tweaked armholes and light darting in the lower back. I also have a pretty cool square-bottomed b/d oxford from Ben Sherman Modern Classics. It's a straight repro of their original 60's pattern, and comes in a ridiculously nice Italian cloth. We'll get those online soon - they come in both white and blue. Good price on them, and they come in an insane gift box. We'll most likely being the Epaulet B/D oxfords back in Fall.
Originally Posted by dsoren
What's the dealio with the sewn by hand footwear?
Check this space next week!

*#..

Reaction score
Mike,

I have a small, white Gitman Vintage OCBD with 17" shoulders, 19" p-p (I measured mine and the GV website says this). Is the Red Check Madras a little bigger in the shoulders and chest? The measurements you posted say it is. Thanks brah.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
So I got my black gingham shirt today. I don't know if my eyes are playing with me, but it looks more navy than black. Compared to the thread on the tag and other black fabric I have, it's not nearly as distinct as the photos on the site. Anyone else have this shirt and want to comment on this before I throw it in the wash?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
DSCN0060.jpg
fit pic w/ it

flyguy7

Reaction score
Placed an order last week for a pair of trousers for my bro's birthday. Haven't received shipment confirmation yet. I e-mailed the epaulet service and asked if there was a delay-- got nothing. I don't remember my previous orders taking this long, is there some holdup?

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Epaulet-ers,

Looking for some advice here. I just received two pair of Rivet Chinos in the mail - one in a size 30, one in a size 31. I'm going to return/exchange whichever one fits better.

The 30 one me is a little tight, but I'm not struggling to button it up or anything. A bit tight in the seat, but good in thighs, knees, etc. A size 31 is a little looser overall, and more comfortable. But obviously, it's a bit less slim fit.

Any advice on which size I should go for? Will these Rivet Chinos stretch at all? If so, 30 is probably the size for me.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Hey Epaulet-ers,

Looking for some advice here. I just received two pair of Rivet Chinos in the mail - one in a size 30, one in a size 31. I'm going to return/exchange whichever one fits better.

The 30 one me is a little tight, but I'm not struggling to button it up or anything. A bit tight in the seat, but good in thighs, knees, etc. A size 31 is a little looser overall, and more comfortable. But obviously, it's a bit less slim fit.

Any advice on which size I should go for? Will these Rivet Chinos stretch at all? If so, 30 is probably the size for me.

You want them slim, but not like denim. Sounds like a 31 would be better especially after a wash when you think about slight shrinkage. Post pics for best evaluation though.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, tonio. I'll get some really quick snaps up in a few minutes.
smile.gif

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here are two really quick snaps. They obviously need to be hemmed, the colors are definitely way off (the golden khaki is so much more brown), and I wouldn't be wearing a blue shirt of this shade with the gunmetals, but I think you can get the general idea.
teacha.gif

Epaulet1.jpg
Epaulet2.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Mike,

I have a small, white Gitman Vintage OCBD with 17" shoulders, 19" p-p (I measured mine and the GV website says this). Is the Red Check Madras a little bigger in the shoulders and chest? The measurements you posted say it is. Thanks brah.

Yes, our online measurements should be correct. Gitman uses fabrics with occasionally high rates of shrinkage and pre-washes everything, so their sizing is not consistent across their shirts. It's sometimes not consistent from season to season on what appears to be the exact same item. As such, we always measure every single Gitman Vintage item that we put online.

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
So I got my black gingham shirt today. I don't know if my eyes are playing with me, but it looks more navy than black. Compared to the thread on the tag and other black fabric I have, it's not nearly as distinct as the photos on the site. Anyone else have this shirt and want to comment on this before I throw it in the wash?

I've personally got that shirt. It's definitely black, but it's not a full-on jet black. Hold it up against something that's truly navy and you'll see the difference.

Originally Posted by Teger
fit pic w/ it

Nice, thanks for posting the photo!

Originally Posted by flyguy7
Placed an order last week for a pair of trousers for my bro's birthday. Haven't received shipment confirmation yet. I e-mailed the epaulet service and asked if there was a delay-- got nothing. I don't remember my previous orders taking this long, is there some holdup?

Man, I'm sorry about that. I was in LA this week and one of our guys called in sick, so we fell a bit behind on service e-mails. But I don't see any pants from last week that still need to be shipped, so I'm pretty sure it's en-route. PM me your name and I can look it up for you.

Originally Posted by jslade
Hey Epaulet-ers,

Yes, they'll definitely break in a bit in the seat and the thighs. Waist stays pretty much the same. If you can sit in them comfortably enough, then the 30's should be good. But you'd want to religiously cold wash and hang dry. If you think that there's even a remote chance that they could end up in a dryer and/or a hot wash, then I'd go with the 31's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads