• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elph

Reaction score
Nice fit AR, i like the shoes with the fit. Leather is nice aswell, i think you maybe need to do a few militiary presses though.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artishard116
I dig it AR. I just had the upper sleeves of mine slimmed to great effect, thought you might be interested.
Top to bottom? How did they deal with the armhole at the top? Ie, it seems to me you would need to take the sleeves off completely, make the armhole smaller (probably by adding an additional leather patch under the armpit) and go from there. Which is a big job.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Dunno, I think there a few good examples of the dr w/ sleek heeled boots (like these appear to be 1, 2, 3). You're right that a chunky boot would look bad though. Sneakers are fine too, just that those CP's are the only contrasting element in your fit and that throws it off for me too.

This is what i think it is. With a white tee, would be perfect.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Top to bottom? How did they deal with the armhole at the top? Ie, it seems to me you would need to take the sleeves off completely, make the armhole smaller (probably by adding an additional leather patch under the armpit) and go from there. Which is a big job.

Not top to bottom. It was the worst at the elbow up into the bicep. I don't think he had to deal with the armhole area at all. Maybe yours is different.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm I'm curious how they pulled it off. If you could take some detail shots it'd be edifying
smile.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After looking at it a bit more, I think it's mostly the white laces that are really throwing the shoes off for me. The white sole is already enough contrast; the white laces are overkill in that respect. But that's the case with any black upper/white sole sneaker that has white laces for me. I see them and have flashbacks to Airwalks.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah I duuno that kind of thing it seems to me risks throwing off the whole sleeve design and looking weird. The way it is now isn't so noticeable (at least I don't think so) that I would want to risk that. IMHO you go all the way and do the whole thing, or you don't do it at all. And to be honest given what it would cost to do it right you'd be better off just buying a whole other jacket.
Originally Posted by APK
After looking at it a bit more, I think it's mostly the white laces that are really throwing the shoes off for me. The white sole is already enough contrast; the white laces are overkill in that respect. But that's the case with any black upper/white sole sneaker that has white laces for me. I see them and have flashbacks to Airwalks.
I see what you guys are talking about here but I think it's partly the photo making the white look REALLY white, looking in the mirror it's not particularly obtrusive. My Rafstros on the other hand have VERY obvious white to them so they need a white t shirt on top. In any case the obvious solution is to wear a white tee or to get the sneakers dirty. Seems to be a bit too nitpicky for me to care though.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Yeah I duuno that kind of thing it seems to me risks throwing off the whole sleeve design and looking weird. The way it is now isn't so noticeable (at least I don't think so) that I would want to risk that. IMHO you go all the way and do the whole thing, or you don't do it at all. And to be honest given what it would cost to do it right you'd be better off just buying a whole other jacket.

Fair enough. I was hesitant too, all I know is it's 10x better and I actually want to wear it now. I'll try to snap a pic.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd like to see the DR with the Rafstros i think that'd look better than the white-laced CP's.

pfurey

Reaction score
are you guys really talking about the color of his shoe laces? nerds.

fit looks good. wear the cps in and it will look even better. rafstros would be dope as would any high tops with that fit.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
are you guys really talking about the color of his shoe laces? nerds.

I know, right? On a forum dedicated to fashion and style. The audacity.

transient

Reaction score
I really like AR's fit but seriously, with something like leather hi-tops it would be out of the ballpark ez.

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I know, right? On a forum dedicated to fashion and style. The audacity.

fashion != style != shoe lace color.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It sounds petty, but black shoe laces would have a bigger impact on the overall fit than you'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics