• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Great Source for Gaziano & Girling and Vass Shoes

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Wow. I don't know exactly how new this news is, but based on the prices I'm seeing and have paid (here and elsewhere), Boutique Margo and Ralph in Beligium has the best prices in the world on G&G and Vass. (According to Ralph, they are now the the official distributors of G&G in France and Belgium; I don't know their relationship to Vass.) In fact, I almost couldn't believe the prices I got and held off posting anything about them here until the three pairs I bought from Ralph arrived. These were:

G&G St. James, vintage cedar, size 10 UK

G&G Hayes, black, size 10 UK

Vass Old English Oxford, black, size 44

All three arrived in pefect condition, are NOT seconds, and include the original lasted shoe trees and bags. (The original boxes weren't included, but I don't know if that's because I didn't ask for them.) Talk about a "Sacred crap!" moment when I opened the boxes!
worship.gif
The cost was substantially less than I've seen anywhere else without the trees. If you want to know what I paid, PM me.

I should note that I didn't buy via the website, where the prices are good but not insane. Instead, I contacted Ralph directly at [email protected] and talked to him for quite a while, then bought two pairs of G&G. A few days later I plunked for the Vass, so part of the price I got on those was probably the back and forth we had and the purchase of the two G&Gs.

I discovered the Boutique by following a link in Ralph's e-mail signature after some back and forth about an item he had on eBay. Ralph is a courteous, knowledgable, and helpful guy. The entire transaction was perfect.

If you're wondering if I have any skin in the game, the answer is "maybe a tiny bit." After the shoes arrived, Ralph asked if I could spread the word about the Boutique, and I said I would. I'm happy to do that anyway, but if you say that Larry sent you, I'm sure it it wouldn't hurt next time I can afford another pair of shoes.

OK, so that's the story., No kidding, Ralph is the bomb. Cheers.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC there was a thread about the shop one or two months ago.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
I just checked, and your're right. There was a thread called "Vass Online" in January. (I missed it b/c I only searched for "Margo & Ralph" in topic titles). In that thread, people were curious about what experience people had had with Ralph, but there was no follow-up.

Originally Posted by Maccimus
IIRC there was a thread about the shop one or two months ago.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Was wondering about these guys, curious how much shipping cost and if you got hit with customs fees (assuming you are in the U.S.).

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Yes, I'm in the U.S. Shipping was inlcuded in the prices I paid, and there were no customs fees.

Originally Posted by sf_esq
Was wondering about these guys, curious how much shipping cost and if you got hit with customs fees (assuming you are in the U.S.).

alphaO888

Reaction score
Is the price you got it at the 700 Euros minus 15% for the VAT? I just sent them an email telling them you referred me. Thanks for the tip!

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
No, it was quite a bit less than that, and included the shoe trees (which the 700 euro base price does not).

Originally Posted by alphaO888
Is the price you got it at the 700 Euros minus 15% for the VAT? I just sent them an email telling them you referred me. Thanks for the tip!

Bartolo

Reaction score
How can they be the 'official distributor in Belgium' if they don't have a real storefront? At least as far as I can tell, they are online-only sellers. I travel to Belgium a few times a year . . . but it doesn't seem they have a real storefront. What am I missing?

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Two of the pairs I bought weren't on the site, but Ralph was able to get for me.

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
looks like a really good deal.
nothing in my size i'm interested in pulling the trigger on at the moment though.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
I don't know, that's just what Ralph told me.

Originally Posted by Bartolo
How can they be the 'official distributor in Belgium' if they don't have a real storefront? At least as far as I can tell, they are online-only sellers. I travel to Belgium a few times a year . . . but it doesn't seem they have a real storefront. What am I missing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads