• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Thanks, guys. Flaps it is.

E, I've got a bunch of linen samples I can show you when you're in town.

SF must be be reading reading my mind. I was just plotting to do a SB two piece suit with flap pockets in exactly this fabric this morning.

Are you going to use NSM for it? It would be hilarious if she saw a second round with my fabric.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
well, in the middle of August, nothing runs cool. Fresco, linen, whatever, you are going to be hot. I think Solaro is perfect for May/June - Sept/Oct months. The fact that so many here dislike it is only making my resolve that much stronger. Solaro and I will succeed.

Let me know how that resolve works out for you.

|
|
\\/

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker - look forward to hearing your thoughts on when you get the 0500 made up. I don't think I'll be doing it for this Summer, but possibly.

When will you be receiving it?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
0500 is a very cool cloth. Great for sticky summers. But be careful as it hangs longer than other porous weaves. It is advisable to check the length of the garment during fitting.

Interesting. Do you mean it stretches a little over time and gets longer so we should leave room in the body, sleeves and trousers for it to do so? Also, would recommend cuffs on the trousers to hemp them break better or would cuffs be too heavy?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Interesting. Do you mean it stretches a little over time and gets longer so we should leave room in the body, sleeves and trousers for it to do so? Also, would recommend cuffs on the trousers to hemp them break better or would cuffs be too heavy?
It stretches, so there is no need to allow extra room in the body. Make huge cuffs on the pants to help prevent them from flapping around and do the hem circumference about 1/2" smaller than usual. I also found these pants hang longer even though they measure the same as my other pants when laid flat. I had to pin them shorter during fitting.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I just picked up some Minnis 0500 (lower left) for a SB summer suit. Anyone have thoughts about patch vs. flap pockets with this? I don't work in a conservative business dress enviro. Going for whatever looks good/right.

The other two (P&H Glorious Twelfth and Dunhill Mohair/Wool) shall remain unfunded at the moment.

liabilities.jpg

Parker,
what is the number of the glorious twelfth?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
what is the number of the glorious twelfth?
25343 if I'm not mistaken.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI

Thanks,I thought so. Btw,I was thinking to get Thornproof 62016 but yours convinced me that it is too dark,will get 62015.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
It stretches, so there is no need to allow extra room in the body. Make huge cuffs on the pants to help prevent them from flapping around and do the hem circumference about 1/2" smaller than usual. I also found these pants hang longer even though they measure the same as my other pants when laid flat. I had to pin them shorter during fitting.

Duly noted. Thanks!

Originally Posted by TRINI

Yeah, I've been considering that for a while myself. I used to always think I wanted a real tweed for a Gun Club (and I still may), but now that I have so many tweeds something like the Glorious Twelth could have its benefits especially in stretching it into Springtime.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks,I thought so. Btw,I was thinking to get Thornproof 62016 but yours convinced me that it is too dark,will get 62015.

62015 is NOT an easy cloth to wear. It's pretty flashy for a donegal

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Yeah, I've been considering that for a while myself. I used to always think I wanted a real tweed for a Gun Club (and I still may), but now that I have so many tweeds something like the Glorious Twelth could have its benefits especially in stretching it into Springtime.

Have you looked at the Hartwist book? There's a few tweed gun clubs there

gusvs

Reaction score

I have a jacket in the works by Mina in 62015. It will definitely be a favorite of mine.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by gdl203
62015 is NOT an easy cloth to wear. It's pretty flashy for a donegal

Is that the gray with blue flecks?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads