• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I'm pushing on a year with no true end in sight. Meetup for drinks?
Anyone who's interested, Kwilk and I are meeting up here to cry in our beers (actually I'm good, and have been for about two years - so he's gonna cry and I'm gonna top):
uKs10.jpg
Also bro, it takes a while before the pace of recovery increases:
exponential-curve.png
Time on the X, happiness on the Y, increasing.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Anyone who's interested, Kwilk and I are meeting up here to cry in our beers (actually I'm good, and have been for about two years - so he's gonna cry and I'm gonna top):

uKs10.jpg

Also bro, it takes a while before the pace of recovery increases:

exponential-curve.png

Time on the X, happiness on the Y, increasing.

OOOO! Plan it right and maybe even Teacher could show up!

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
look, as i keep saying, it aint done. you will be back with her within a week.

even this reply proves it - 'the thing is I don't want her back, BECAUSE I KNOW SHE MIGHT NOT REALLY WANT ME.'

your like/dislike of her is a function of her like/dislike for YOU. judge her not for her feelings for you (does she like me? doesn't she like me?) but rather was a function of her qualities.

Answer me this, how am I going to be back with her, if she doesn't want to be with me?

I don't want to be with someone, who doesn't want to be with me, by that logic, despite the fact that I still love her , I do not want to be with her, and that is my closure.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
Answer me this, how am I going to be back with her, if she doesn't want to be with me? I don't want to be with someone, who doesn't want to be with me, by that logic, despite the fact that I still love her , I do not want to be with her, and that is my closure.
cause im saying she doesn't want to be with you this minute, but its gonna change and you'll get back with her. maybe you should be saying 'no matter what she wants/says/feels, im done'. but i don't think you feel that way.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cause im saying she doesn't want to be with you this minute, but its gonna change and you'll get back with her. maybe you should be saying 'no matter what she wants/says/feels, im done'. but i don't think you feel that way.

Well of course, it's a whole different ballgame if you factor in thinking that maybe she isnt over me, and being with me, and this relationship.

BUT I am not hoping for that, and not leaning in that direction.

So basically it's like this, as long as she's disinterested, so am I, if her interest rekindles, then I might feel differently.

I don't think the odds of her changing her mind are very high though, in a way I hope I am wrong, but I guess only time will tell.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung

uKs10.jpg

Move the meet to Fargo and you can bunk at my place, I'll feed you and show you the readily-bangable bitches downtown.

I'm sure Teacher will drive down from GF. Seems to me we have a Minot member who might tag along.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Well of course, it's a whole different ballgame if you factor in thinking that maybe she isnt over me, and being with me, and this relationship.

BUT I am not hoping for that, and not leaning in that direction.

So basically it's like this, as long as she's disinterested, so am I, if her interest rekindles, then I might feel differently.

I don't think the odds of her changing her mind are very high though, in a way I hope I am wrong, but I guess only time will tell.

shes not over you

guarantee it

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shes not over you

guarantee it

Ok, so even if this is the case, you think she would still attempt to get in touch with me, if I explicitly said I would reply to her texts, or answer her calls?

Should I somehow make it known, that this was something I regret, and she can keep in touch. Something tells me thats the wrong, wrong way to go.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shes not over you

guarantee it

How are defining "not over you" here? As in she still has feelings for him, or she still wants to date? The former doesn't necessitate the latter.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Ok, so even if this is the case, you think she would still attempt to get in touch with me, if I explicitly said I would reply to her texts, or answer her calls? Should I somehow make it known, that this was something I regret, and she can keep in touch. Something tells me thats the wrong, wrong way to go.
edit: i read this wrong. she will get back in touch with you regardless
Originally Posted by HgaleK
How are defining "not over you" here? As in she still has feelings for him, or she still wants to date? The former doesn't necessitate the latter.
maybe, maybe not. my view is that regardless theyll get back together within a week.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Teger, what you're saying is stupid. Of course she isn't over him. And of course he isn't over her. you make it sound like the second a breakup happens both parties are supposed to just stop feeling whatever they were feeling 10 minutes ago. Get real brah.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Ok, so even if this is the case, you think she would still attempt to get in touch with me, if I explicitly said I would reply to her texts, or answer her calls? Should I somehow make it known, that this was something I regret, and she can keep in touch. Something tells me thats the wrong, wrong way to go.
no. You shouldn't. Sit back. Wait. Relax. Breathe, in...out....ok. Give it a few days. You go running back to her, she'll go back to running from you.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
yea don't contact her. i read it wrong.

she will get in touch with you regardless.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so even if this is the case, you think she would still attempt to get in touch with me, if I explicitly said I would reply to her texts, or answer her calls?

Should I somehow make it known, that this was something I regret, and she can keep in touch. Something tells me thats the wrong, wrong way to go.

Originally Posted by matt
you are more likely to **** this up by leaving a door open than by closing one. Think "scarcity". People want what they can't have. Your time needs to be scarce.

^^^I don't think I've ever seen him say something that hasn't proven to be true in the long run with regards to women...

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, crazy girl is talking about suicide again. She's already hurt herself, don't know what I'm supposed to do. She's going to a hospital tomorrow. Should I just leave her alone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads