• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your one essential Spring/Summer shoe

officeboy

Reaction score
Since Spring is here I was wondering, what is the one shoe that defines your S/S footwear? Not something for daily office or work wear.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Penny loafers with nicer attire (not with conservative business dress, obviously- think khakis), and nicer leather sandals, bucks, boat shoes, or canvas sneakers with most everything else.

Basically, a yes to your list. One should have a variety of shoes for a variety of situations.

If you're trying to figure out what your next shoe buy should be, why not just say what you have, and ask for opinions?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm hoping it to be the new Strawfuts I purchased.

Alas, we are still ensconced in snow in these parts, so Spring may never arrive.

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Penny loafers with nicer attire (not with conservative business dress, obviously- think khakis), and nicer leather sandals, bucks, boat shoes, or canvas sneakers with most everything else.

Basically, a yes to your list. One should have a variety of shoes for a variety of situations.

If you're trying to figure out what your next shoe buy should be, why not just say what you have, and ask for opinions?

I have most of these (nice loafers are on my list) but i was wondering which one shoe was the standout for most people.

Originally Posted by coop86
No driver option?
I knew I would forget something...
blush.gif

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depending on the ocassion/weather, leather/rubber sole LWB, and +1 on driving loafer...although thinking of getting a PTB suede

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted boat shoe as that is what I wear the most - at least for casual wear, but I have a pair of all of them except sandals, which I despise.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting some white supergas for this summer

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
I'll go, I have: AE burgundy shell LHS loafer Florsheim burgundy shell longwing C&J Burgundy shell cap toe boot Dark Cognac shell PTB (RL Darlton) RM Williams Chelsea boot in Chestnut looking for something casual and cheap to wear with khakis/shorts boat shoes?

miketoc

Reaction score
And after over a year of lurking I finally register so I can vote boat shoe.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some white bucks.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I'll go, I have:

AE burgundy shell LHS loafer
Florsheim burgundy shell longwing
C&J Burgundy shell cap toe boot
Dark Cognac shell PTB (RL Darlton)
RM Williams Chelsea boot in Chestnut

looking for something casual and cheap to wear with khakis/shorts

boat shoes?

Boat shoes would be good. The all leather ones can get rather warm on hot days though, might be wise to have a canvas sneaker as an option. If you're buying stuff in shell, $40 for a pair of chucks shouldn't be an unreasonable expense to tack onto a pair of $80 topsiders.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ferragamo parigi drivers. Cant wait to break em out again

TRA8324

Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one, but I probably wear my boat shoes the most during the summer.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am glad that I am the lone person who selected black oxford, and not one of the people who selected sandals, or sneakers...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads