• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gold and silver. Discuss

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with you completely olualbert, it looks like JPM threw in the towel and are starting to cover their shorts. Looks like liftoff. I hope there is a slight correction tomorrow because I'm hitting up the exchanges Saturday morning and calling some dealers.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and don't forget China is heading for a Gold standard as well. Wait til that happens. Talk about game on.

mikeman

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope JPM is covering their shorts. I have a feeling that we will be passing everyones $50 price target for the year and heading much higher. Wish I had the guts to sell some more stock and buy up some more before we hit 40...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Selling 1/3 of my position in NOV tomorrow. Going to be a busy weekend for silver stacker javyn

mikeman

Reaction score
Sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend! Know what you want to buy yet?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know what I want, 1/2 oz Buffalo rounds and Maple Leaves, but what I actually get, who knows? I do have some calls to make though
smile.gif
I know a lot of survivalists recommend buying junk coins rather than bullion in a **** hits the fan situation, under the impression the American coins will be more accepted for trade, but I don't buy it. I just don't think people here are going to know the difference between a Roosevelt Dime or War Nickel and a copper slug. IMO the .999 stamp is what's important.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a consistent pattern developing here. I need to find some graph paper.

If Silver drops tomorrow (I think it will) it'll get added to my buy list again. So far I'm still thinking Gold only for Saturday.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I know what I want, 1/2 oz Buffalo rounds and Maple Leaves, but what I actually get, who knows? I do have some calls to make though
smile.gif
I know a lot of survivalists recommend buying junk coins rather than bullion in a **** hits the fan situation, under the impression the American coins will be more accepted for trade, but I don't buy it. I just don't think people here are going to know the difference between a Roosevelt Dime or War Nickel and a copper slug. IMO the .999 stamp is what's important.

Stay away from Buffalo Gold. The premium over spot is ridiculous unless you collect them like coins. The first thing that will disappear when it hits the fan will be numismatic premiums. That's advice from Dean BTW Javyn and not my opinion though I agree completely.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm interesting. I am kinda gung-ho on the 1/2 oz buffalos now because the Gainsvillecoin site has them at an incredibly low premium. (that's buffalo silver btw, not gold) As far as gold goes, I like the Eagles and Krugerrands. But if the buffalo round isn't so overpriced, I'd try that too. Anyway, turns out my dad has a patient who claims to have 60 lbs of bullion and coins and he wants to dump it all now. I'm going over tomorrow to check it out. Also, I just found out that my old boss in the 90s just opened a gold exchange in my folks' area, so I'll be hitting him up too. Just called him he's stocked up with Eagles and Maples right now
smile.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Hmm interesting. I am kinda gung-ho on the 1/2 oz buffalos now because the Gainsvillecoin site has them at an incredibly low premium. (that's buffalo silver btw, not gold) As far as gold goes, I like the Eagles and Krugerrands. But if the buffalo round isn't so overpriced, I'd try that too. Anyway, turns out my dad has a patient who claims to have 60 lbs of bullion and coins and he wants to dump it all now. I'm going over tomorrow to check it out. Also, I just found out that my old boss in the 90s just opened a gold exchange in my folks' area, so I'll be hitting him up too. Just called him he's stocked up with Eagles and Maples right now
smile.gif

The Silver ones are a good buy. The US Mint Gold ones tend to be premium heavy. You might find one selling at the same price as common Eagles, Maples or Rands which would be a nice find. It's funny my guy is out of Silver Maples right now. I wanted to go Canadian today LOL. Ended up with Canadian gold and American Silver. Leave yourself room on the junk on that other deal. 22 or 23 times face is the general buy guideline right now. Spot is fine for bullion.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeman
How did the buying go this weekend?
I did my bullion run on Friday. I did come across some junk at a reasonable price today so I bought it. Last week I did a serious buy on Au, Ag and Pd. So far all is well.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Real Estate ... while it's cheap. I've been buying, and buying, and buying some more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads