• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Momotaro 0201 size 32
Bought from BiG on Sunday, soaked with hottest tap water for two hours, water changed once at the one hour mark. Note - I got the BiG and SelfEdge thigh measurement techniques mixed up - measured an inch down from the crotch (BiG measures straight from crotch). Knee measured at 13" from crotch as per BiG.

momo.JPG

Pre-soak:

100OLYMP.jpg

Post-soak:

100OLYMP1.jpg

ysb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Momotaro 0201 size 32
Bought from BiG on Sunday, soaked with hottest tap water for two hours, water changed once at the one hour mark. Note - I got the BiG and SelfEdge thigh measurement techniques mixed up - measured an inch down from the crotch (BiG measures straight from crotch). Knee measured at 13" from crotch as per BiG.

momo.JPG

Pre-soak:

100OLYMP.jpg

Post-soak:

100OLYMP1.jpg

looks great. nice fit. did you go tts?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks. I'm usually a 31 or 32; I go more by the thighs/seat than the waist. These could actually be a bit smaller in the waist but I'm very happy with the fit otherwise and glad I went with the 32s.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Fit looks good, but like your saying you would be happy if the waist was a bit smaller, I think you can get that. Sounds like you soaked once right, and changed the water during it, but they basically stayed wet the whole time? I would soak again, not sure if you are using your tub or a washing machine, but if you could soak for another hour, and then before you pull them out get some agitation going. I usually soak in the washer, and can leave the lid up so they just sit, and then before I pull them out, if I'm looking for maxium shrinkage, even 20 seconds of agitation will get the fibers moving and most likely get you a little more shrinkage.

Either way, fit looks good, but I bet they would shrink a tad more.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I could get a bit more shrink out of them, but I'd rather not get any tighter in the thighs/top block. They're far from falling off and I always wear a belt anyway.

I've never been into cuffing, but kind of like the look of these. May leave them as is.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
orrr you could do as I did, and get both 31 and 32
devil.gif
intended to choose one, but liked both so much i decided to keep. one for stackz and one for clean break

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
lol8[1].gif
Way too many jawns already, and I can only wear them to work on Fridays so I'm limited to three days a week.

I had a list of stuff I wanted to try on at BiG...Sam S710xx and S0500xx, PBJ xx-009, Oni Blue, and Momo 0201. Tried some new Eternals and 0701 as well. Those guys were patient as always and hemmed my Jins while I was trying everything on. If Sam 0500 came in their 19oz denim it would have been a tough call, but I already have a few pairs of Samurai and one of them is Texas cotton.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg

I've never been into cuffing, but kind of like the look of these. May leave them as is.

The cuffs look huge and unflattering. I think it would be distracting and take away from the jeans.

altemp

Reaction score
Great fit dcg. Could use a hem but otherwise spot on.

justuhgeek

Reaction score
I have a pair of Momotaro 0201 29 that I want to get rid of. Soaked once, Tried on once. Posted in the B&S.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics