• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

sexandcandy

Reaction score
kobe took so many bad shots in those overtime periods. i think pau had like 2 shots. i was like wtf it's all iso again. would have been so pissed if they lost

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
kobe took so many bad shots in those overtime periods. i think pau had like 2 shots. i was like wtf it's all iso again. would have been so pissed if they lost

Yeah. I love Kobe to death and he does things right so often, he deserves some leeway, but
ffffuuuu.gif
he was frustrating in the end.

He hasn't quite been the same since he rolled his ankle. With Bynum back, I would hope he takes more a facilitator role...which is really when the Lakers play their best ball.

Reaction score
Yeah offense gets a bit stagnant when the ball stops moving... quite a few hero shots. Bynum will be back to host Clipps. I want to see some better defense.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another good 2OT game tonight, even though the Clips and Wiz have no playoff hopes, the game was still pretty good and enjoyable.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
I watched 90% of the Clips games this year, including 2 in person where this also happened: in close games in 4th qtr or OT, Eric Gordon just flat loses the ball and turns it over.

It's like his hands turn to jelly when the pressure is on. Yet he makes clutch shots and makes clutch plays, so I don't get it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He is prone to turn overs but I noticed this after he first got hurt this year. Before that, he was attacking the basket and finishing with dunks, he was confident from the USA basketball experience. Remember that Clips run where they would lead 15-20 points but blow it in the 3rd and then they catch up and keep it close but lose anyways, Gordon was clutch on those times. Like that game against Utah, Gordon was driving past everyone and just stuffing the basket, he just didn't have as much help as right now, Blake was still unsure what to do. And then the first injury just destroyed his confidence late in the games, it just got even worse after this wrist injury. It's like he is hesitant to drive to the basket as before since he keeps getting knocked down and he doesn't have the same strength and body as Blake to take it.

Reaction score
^^^ He's had a lot of wrist/hand injuries ever since the World's tournament

nm RFX got it covered

sexandcandy

Reaction score
it's just happened way too many times. you can't have turnovers in those situations..i'd be scared to have the ball in his hands if i was vinny del negro

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only way to build confidence is by experience, check out the second OT after he drained that 3 to tie in the first OT, he was more composed and actually handled the ball when Mo fouled out. He had like 2 assists in 2OT and made a running floater. He got some confidence and it worked, that is all he really needed.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Boston loses
Identical records, we have homecourt in finals
I don't care about homecourt against chicago.
Miami I believe will be terminated by one of them above so homecourt question is moot.

West
If we hold up we'll have homecourt against dallas. No worries.
Okc or portland should duke it out with spurs.
Okc we'll have homecourt but is moot as they won't make it past spurs.

Now only issue is homecourt disadvantage w spurs.

Anyone care to comment on how we will fare against them in conf finals?

I'm thinking we'll still win, but will go 6 games.

kxk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Anyone care to comment on how we will fare against them in conf finals? I'm thinking we'll still win, but will go 6 games.
Duncan's injury doesn't look too serious and Pop has done a great job managing his starters' minutes and keeping them not only healthy, but also fresh. But no matter how fresh, they're still old legs running around in late May. (But I suppose the same goes for Kobe, although I'm in the camp that the dude doesn't seem to tire, ever) I'm not so sure, though, about Lakers winning. Even in the regular season, they're 1-2 against the Spurs (albeit one of the losses was a very close one). You guys definitely have the advantage with the youth and depth up front, so we'll see about that. It should be a great series nonetheless. I'm not so sure about my Celtics' chances, though. As much as I love Jeff Green and understand Ainge's plan, I don't agree that we didn't disadvantage ourselves for the banner this year. It all hangs on Shaq. I can't remember the last time that there was an NBA champion without a "pretty decent" center, unless that champion happened to have a SG named Jordan. In fact, looking at b-r, I can't find one after 1975 Warriors with Clifford Ray, and even Ray could be counted on for ten boards a night. Before that is the 58 Hawks with Chuck Share who was still getting double digit boards (whatever that was worth in the 50s). Seriously, you might go 75-7 in the regular season, but I'm firmly convinced that playoff success requires a pretty decent center, at LEAST. And even that's being generous--save for 87 Lakers with Abdul-Jabbar way on his downside and the Bad Boy Pistons with Laimbeer, all other championship centers were at least borderline all-star level performers.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was really impressed that the suns were able to bounce back after that game and come back and win the next night. that takes a lot of heart.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kxk
Duncan's injury doesn't look too serious and Pop has done a great job managing his starters' minutes and keeping them not only healthy, but also fresh. But no matter how fresh, they're still old legs running around in late May. (But I suppose the same goes for Kobe, although I'm in the camp that the dude doesn't seem to tire, ever)

I'm not so sure, though, about Lakers winning. Even in the regular season, they're 1-2 against the Spurs (albeit one of the losses was a very close one). You guys definitely have the advantage with the youth and depth up front, so we'll see about that.
It should be a great series nonetheless.

I'm not so sure about my Celtics' chances, though. As much as I love Jeff Green and understand Ainge's plan, I don't agree that we didn't disadvantage ourselves for the banner this year. It all hangs on Shaq. I can't remember the last time that there was an NBA champion without a "pretty decent" center, unless that champion happened to have a SG named Jordan.

In fact, looking at b-r, I can't find one after 1975 Warriors with Clifford Ray, and even Ray could be counted on for ten boards a night.
Before that is the 58 Hawks with Chuck Share who was still getting double digit boards (whatever that was worth in the 50s).
Seriously, you might go 75-7 in the regular season, but I'm firmly convinced that playoff success requires a pretty decent center, at LEAST. And even that's being generous--save for 87 Lakers with Abdul-Jabbar way on his downside and the Bad Boy Pistons with Laimbeer, all other championship centers were at least borderline all-star level performers.

With the way Bynum is playing after ASG and the beatdown we handed SA March 6th I really can't see how they can beat LA in a 7 game series. Way too lengthy for them especially with Lamar off the bench, they don't have someone to match up with him. An OKC vs. SA conference finals looks interesting.

Celtics look like they're relying on Nenad and a pair of O'neals to carry them through the offseason. I have to credit them for doing so well without Perkins before they traded him off to OKC. Chicago looks mighty scary the way they've been playing, so again a Bulls/Celts conf. finals looks fun too.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
With the way Bynum is playing after ASG and the beatdown we handed SA March 6th I really can't see how they can beat LA in a 7 game series. Way too lengthy for them especially with Lamar off the bench, they don't have someone to match up with him. An OKC vs. SA conference finals looks interesting.

Do you mean semifinals? Cause you say SA can't beat LA yet you have OKC and SA in the conf finals

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
Do you mean semifinals? Cause you say SA can't beat LA yet you have OKC and SA in the conf finals

facepalm.gif
thats what I meant. OKC vs. SA western conference SEMI-finals.

My guess is its gonna be LAL vs. SA/OKC Western Conf. Finals and Chicago vs. Boston. in the east.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads