• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have experience with H&M linen suits?

951socal

Reaction score
Just bought a linen suit from H&M for about $100:

Slim lapel (notched )
side vented
flat front pants
tag says 100% linen (pants and jacket) made in china

quality seems okay (not as good as the zegna, hickey freeman or made to measure brooks suits, but i was under the impression that linen suits get dirty fast, and wear out faster tan your typical wool suits)

. Anybody know how long it lasts ?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
quality seems okay (not as good as the zegna, hickey freeman or made to measure brooks suits, but i was under the impression that linen suits get dirty fast, and wear out faster tan your typical wool suits)

Are you stating the obvious or are you really surprised?

The suits are ok to poor, but for $100 what else are you going to get? They have a nice cut to them and are at the better end of the highstreet, but when you could pay $150 for a nice dinner then don't expect great things some a suit that costs less.

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Are you stating the obvious or are you really surprised?

The suits are ok to poor, but for $100 what else are you going to get? They have a nice cut to them and are at the better end of the highstreet, but when you could pay $150 for a nice dinner then don't expect great things some a suit that costs less.

just reestablishing the common belief of the suits.
They really aren't bad

i was surprised enough to buy the full suit when i was them in person

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I bought my linen suit from there for 50 bucks. I've had it for a few years. It's held up fine. Fits great.

951socal

Reaction score
^have you had any trouble with the buttons?

mine fell off last week, the top button of the 2 (only one i button up) the thread came off with it still in that pyrymid shape, looks like it pulled through the fabric without damaging it some how.

Unregistered

Reaction score
I purchased one about 3 years ago and it fits me very well to this day - very nice fabric considering the price I paid for it.

I find that the quality of the material has dramatically deteriorated since.

Knucklehead

Reaction score
Anyone tried an H&M cotton suit? I think they look good for 150 bucks.

951socal

Reaction score
the one in stores right now? sitting next to the linen stuff?

thats a cotton poly blend, i was looking at the lighter grey one they have

Knucklehead

Reaction score
yeah but i saw one that was 100% cotton. I might cop it just because I could use a khaki odd jacket anyway since I dress business casual a lot

Yorsch

Reaction score
I have a white linen blazer from H&M
It fit well. got it on sale for 35.
Buttons were loose. but i had them tightened.
The only thing is as Unregistered mentioned, you see and feel how fabric gets deteriorated, and linen is all stretched out now, and doesn't fit as it used to. (No, I didn't lose weight)

But for $35, I got nothing to complain to.
Probably one of the best purchases.

Kslim

Reaction score
Hmmm I might have to hit up my local H&M. I need a beater suit and/or blazer for the summer.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with H&M linen suits?

Yes, cut them up into long strips and use them to buff off excess polish off fine leather footwear.

kraands

Reaction score
Pretty much same experience here. I bought a linen suit from them about a month ago and the quality is mediocre, but what else do you expect for a $80 suit. I bought it because it fit great OTR, but won't be surprised if it only lasts me one summer.

mic

Reaction score
Re. the longevity of a linen suit: I bought a cheap linen suit in Rome about 5-6 years back; it was from one of those outlet-like stores in the city center, and it had some of the tags cut out, though it did say "made in Italy" and "100% ligno" on the manufacturer's tag in the pocket. Wore it to a party and boogied for about 4 hours... I had a pretty bulky wallet in those days, which I had in the back right pocket of the pants. The next day I looked at the seat of the pants, and there was a BIG shiny spot where the edge of the wallet had worn the pants... they were totally ruined.

I'd like to see one of these cheap H&M linen suits.

I've been to two different H&Ms in the past month and have seen two different cotton or cotton blend suits, and they both looked like crap in addition to costing well over $150. They were really boxy and poorly fitted, and I think it would have taken another $50 in alterations to make them just passable. I was surprised, because slimmer OTR usually fits me really well.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any pictures of the linen suit from H&M? I've been considering a Grey linen blazer from Uniqlo but I'd much rather have a suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads