• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by framus
Just now picked these up from AldenDC

Trubalance, Color8 Indy:

06f07081.jpg

with water lock sole

03ba97d3.jpg

Fantastic!! I love the waterlock sole. I wish I could find a color 8 chukka boot with that oiled sole. Do they make such an animal? My suede chukka has that sole but I haven't seen it in the shell/barrie version.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
I'm telling ya - it's RandomKoreanDude. With everybody else she's nice, interested in talking about shoes. RKD stops by and she has no recollection.

I'm thinking it's because he's Random (its not the Korean or the Dude things).

lol must be ... well this time ill just freaking call. no way she can tell im random OR a korean but hopefully she can tell im a dude

what are these again? ravello captoes in plaza?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
lol must be ... well this time ill just freaking call. no way she can tell im random OR a korean but hopefully she can tell im a dude

what are these again? ravello captoes in plaza?

yeah, thats how she described them...ravello captoes on plaza with a medallion on the toe.

someone should send her Mc's pic just to be sure there is no confusion.

cimabue

Reaction score
So guess what? Six pairs of Aldens since October and nary a nod of acknowledgment from the unwashed masses until I start neglecting my short wing boots (Ravello, thank you) -- including major scuffage and non-buffing -- and they begin drawing compliments like nothing else has before. I've been wearing them with some cuffed APC New Standards. So for you guys with your gallery-lit Aldies sealed in Permamint, you're missing out. 'Just sayin'.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
So guess what? Six pairs of Aldens since October and nary a nod of acknowledgment from the unwashed masses until I start neglecting my short wing boots (Ravello, thank you) -- including major scuffage and non-buffing -- and they begin drawing compliments like nothing else has before. I've been wearing them with some cuffed APC New Standards. So for you guys with your gallery-lit Aldies sealed in Permamint, you're missing out. 'Just sayin'.
Post a pic so we can try to recreate the look on our brand new condition ones.
wink.gif

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
zippy due to the imageshack embargo you gotta reupload your collection photos! went looking for them today only to find broken links
frown.gif

though I found this one. which should be posted every few pages anyways

Yeah, I've been meaning to do that. I've just been busy (and kinda lazy too).

CHenry

Reaction score
Do any readrs here know of a shop currently carrying the Alden 4055 in wide widths (E to 3E?) This is the black indy boot with a commando mini lug sole, in calf.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
#8 short wingtips on the Grant last today
Fantastic, man. Can you post what size you are in those shoes, along with your Barrie last size? I understand that Grant can go either way on TTS or size-down. Thanks! EDIT: Also, where'd you snag those? I know that LS just did a preorder for a #8 shortwing, but it was on the Barrie so I passed.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
#8 short wingtips on the Grant last today
Looking sharp on the Grant.

M4TM

Reaction score
my new aldens - unlined #8 cordovan dovers with water-loc soles.
110321-018cr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics