• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RRshop is a moron. I wish they would ban him.
He comes on here all high and mighty.
Dude we have seen your online ebay shop and it is a bunch of ****...yea I said it

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smaller through the thighs than the low straights? i feel like rrl are already pretty slim in the thighs.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theRRshop
You know.... finding RRL at outlets is something that may happen twice a year... then when it does happen the stuff sells out within days... then you usually see it listed on eBay.
Lots of people posting to this thread keeps hoping to find something right away at an outlet... but as I just said... this happens twice a year if at all.

The best way to get your RRL's is facing that you may have to pay full price at a RRL store or the Mansion Store on Madison (They have the best selection of RRL). Face it this collection is expensive and in high demand... making it harder to obtain, just when you want it... you can't wait and hope it ends up at an outlet... not only are you going to face a let down.... you are wasting time hoping such high demand items end up at an outlet.

If you love it, and want it.... GET IT... at any price.
(We all only live once... best to... enjoy it NOW)

I get this - and maybe this recent windfall of RRL outlet goods only happens twice a year. But I quite like browsing ebay for discounted RRL, too. It's tricky getting the right size in denim or finding the most in-demand goods, like the officer's chinos on ebay, so those are items best purchased at retail. But there seems to be enough availability of discounted items regionally that there's often interesting pieces to be found on ebay.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
smaller through the thighs than the low straights? i feel like rrl are already pretty slim in the thighs.

Tartans are definitely smaller in the thighs than the low straights.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I've tried 3 different styles of jeans (slim, slim boot, low straight) and I am the same size in all of them.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theRRshop
The eBay problem in RRL jeans/pants... is as you may know.. the sizes run all over the place.. so it is best to try them on. So a trip to a RRL store for a day trip.... would be a nice trip to try things on. And of course finding your size at a RL outlet is cool too.

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Well, I've tried 3 different styles of jeans (slim, slim boot, low straight) and I am the same size in all of them.

I think what RRshop is referring to is that the tagged sizing seemed to change year to year. My impression is that these last few seasons the sizing has remained relatively stable. But when you see denim on ebay, for instance, you have no idea what season the items are from, and there is a real danger that the sizing will be way off from what you expect. That's why I list denim as one of the items you are best buying from the store, unless you are really confident of the measurements you have been given.

Also glad to hear that the slim, slim boot, and low straight are the same size. With all the variability in sizing year to year, I was not sure if they were all designed for the same size at the same tagged size. Thanks for that info.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah, gotcha, kmd. Thanks for the clarification.

FTR, I tried those styles in the store.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Anyone know when the next RRL sale is or if icons count towards the sale? If not looks like I'll be buying the slim fits at retail.

ataru

Reaction score
I would say that if I had to pick a true pants size it would be 32, but all of my RRL pants in 32 are loose enough to create some discomfort from extra fabric when belted, even if they otherwise look good. My low straights in 32 are pretty similar to my straights in 30, but I feel that I did a better job in sizing the straights.

Anyway, my conclusion is that one should size down 1 on most rrl pants and jeans, but size down 2 on the straight legs and general issue (not officer's) chino. That's for a normal fit that doesn't require any stretching of the fabric. Possibly size down one more on the jeans if you don't want to ever require a belt.

el duderino

Reaction score
I size down 2 on all pants and can go down 3 on some. Not sure where most people are measuring their true waist but sizing down 1 would result in pants that could be pulled off without unbuttoning and bunching of extra fabric in the seat. Due to the lower rise of their pants in general you should factor in an inch of stretch unless it's something with a tight weave like duck canvas

for those wondering about the next sale you should probably wait until next month as that is typically the earliest they have sales in spring/summer season

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
I size down 2 on all pants and can go down 3 on some. Not sure where most people are measuring their true waist but sizing down 1 would result in pants that could be pulled off without unbuttoning and bunching of extra fabric in the seat. Due to the lower rise of their pants in general you should factor in an inch of stretch unless it's something with a tight weave like duck canvas

for those wondering about the next sale you should probably wait until next month as that is typically the earliest they have sales in spring/summer season

My friend works for RL and said only Polo will be on sale because a lot of people don't buy until the sales so the higher end brands (black, purple, RRL) aren't moving at regular price. I'd still check it out but don't expect anything.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 3 Prague Winters
I just scored a pair of RRL Straights for $12 at an outlet. They scanned for $59.99 minus 75% off, plus a coupon for another 20% entire purchase.

That is simply awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads