• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't remember who but someone on here was a fan of Carroll & Co (BH designer). I've a hanger from them. I know some of you like to collect so if anyone wants it let me know.

Miha28

Reaction score
Found this Cerruti trench/raincoat today in the vintage shop here.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Can't remember who but someone on here was a fan of Carroll & Co (BH designer). I've a hanger from them. I know some of you like to collect so if anyone wants it let me know.

paging theWGP

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
One pair each in great, but not perfect, used condition:

John Lobb
Edward Green for Paul Stuart
Crockett and Jones

Also:

Hickey Freeman for Barney's Cashmere Blue [not navy] Herringbone SC.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a few PMs asking about those shirts I found recently that are a bit too small. The RT is marked 16/35, the EZ as 16(EU41) and the Canali at 16.5(EU 42). All three are in perfect condition and looked to be worn only a few times, if at all. Freshly dry cleaned too!

Attachment 61877

Attachment 61878

Attachment 61879

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
paging theWGP
LOL Carroll & Co isn't on my list... I'm mostly looking for "brand" hangers, not store hangers, with the exception of maybe J. Press... and I've got one of those but nothing to put on it so not even that right now! Find me a couple of Canali or Zegna or those DARK wooden BB hangers with the little golden emblem and then we can talk.
wink.gif

Xenos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hages
First Alden find in GW. Got home and researched the style and discovered they are the plain toe blucher oxfords....shell cordovans! And they fit!

Congratulations! Nice find!

EBTX66

Reaction score
I don't get out much anymore but I had a few spare moments yesterday so I hit my small, "old faithful" shop on the way to school. Sure enough, they were rolling out a rack from the back that contained two Zegna for Neiman-Marcus suits in my size. One is a 2B and the other is a 3/2.5B. Both have side-vents. They are in fantastic shape other than needing a bit of tweaking fit-wise. It sort of made me miss the old days when I still actually needed stuff and great finds were a source of joy. Now it's like, "Oh, cr*p, how am I going to sneak these into the house?"
laugh.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Going to be MIA for the next week. My GMAT is on Monday so wish me luck and pray to God for me b/c I'm going to need it!

GL thrifting.

WGP, I'll make sure to look out for those.

Cheers

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBTX66
I don't get out much anymore but I had a few spare moments yesterday so I hit my small, "old faithful" shop on the way to school. Sure enough, they were rolling out a rack from the back that contained two Zegna for Neiman-Marcus suits in my size. One is a 2B and the other is a 3/2.5B. Both have side-vents. They are in fantastic shape other than needing a bit of tweaking fit-wise. It sort of made me miss the old days when I still actually needed stuff and great finds were a source of joy. Now it's like, "Oh, cr*p, how am I going to sneak these into the house?"
laugh.gif

if you want to get rid of either let me know, i think we're the same size.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Size 11 (my size) burgundy cap toe brogue oxfords from Alden. Not sure what model they are.

Looks like Alden 908, and appear to be branded for H. Stockton in Atlanta. The model number should be in the writing where the size is.

Those are extremely versatile shoes to have. You can wear them with almost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads