• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
But sure, if anyone out there really knows their size in the Smith (ex. you're picking up a second pair in the exact same denim and the same size), then we can certainly have them pre-hemmed for you upon request. They would just be final sale.
!

Right on, thanks for the offer. I foresee a pair of blue smith's in my future.

dra

Reaction score
Can't wait for the complementing jackets to go-live on the web store...

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gave my size S tartan mash a second wash & hot machine dry. i think it shrunk a little more, which is great--sleeve length is perfect now--probably around 25, maybe just a tiny bit under. neck size now perfect, maybe 15.25.

here's a pic i took some time after the first wash & dry.

5551743802_78c6c20fb5_b.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You know, our store has been around for three years, and I work out on the floor at least five days a week. I've seen plenty of couples shop, and I can share two pearls of wisdom from that: 1. If your girl tries on a dress and likes it, and then asks you for your opinion, ALWAYS say that you like it - even if you hate it. 2. If your girl is "shop-blocking" a steezy item that you want (ex. Shadow Dot, Floral Shirt, Plaid Pants, Ostrich Cowboy Boots), buy it anyway and tell her "I wanted it, and this is who I am." Ultimately, she'll respect that declaration of confidence and find the item even more appealing. While it seems that they want to control your fashion choices, they really want you to pick out things on your own and have your own style. That's sexy. When she has a son, she can dress a guy in all the clothes that she picks out. This rule of course only applies to sartorially stylish menswear. If you surprise her with an Insane Clown Posse shirt, a whole Pharrell Williams "Billionaire Boys Club" getup, or a French Maid outfit, then you're on your own.
Originally Posted by jslade
Wait, you guys do have those rivet chinos in my size. In every color, too. What was I looking at earlier?
plain.gif
I can't decide whether I need a 30 or a 31, so I'm going to order both and return the one that doesn't fit. That's okay, right? Edit: I just placed an order from the Gunmetal in 30 and the Golden Khaki in 31. I'm pretty sure the Gunmetal won't fit, but I wanted to try just to make sure. If it doesn't, I'll send it back and exchange it for a 31, if that's okay, Mike?

Absolutely, no problem at all. Thanks for the order!
Originally Posted by muffinman
Mike are you doing a jacket in the 120's midnight blue? I'm looking forward to receiving the pants in medium gray and blue!
Yes, I'd really like to. Either that or a traditional navy. I want to get the Grey suit in first, ensure that everything is right on with that, and then we can expand into additional colors. I've got a stupidly dope brown tattersall wool for a Fall suit too!
Originally Posted by lesamourai
I'm wearing a pair of the EP Rivet Chinos at work right now and goddamn, they're by far the best chinos I've had. They look incredible and feel incredible. Totally worth every cent. Now I just need to grab a pair in another color...or maybe a pair in every color.
Thank you sir - glad that you're pleased with them!
Originally Posted by edubs01
Just grabbed a pair of the Air Force Blue Walts.
Domo arigato homeslice!
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Right on, thanks for the offer. I foresee a pair of blue smith's in my future.
Very cool - they literally shipped out today from LA, so we'll have every size in stock by the end of next week.
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
gave my size S tartan mash a second wash & hot machine dry. i think it shrunk a little more, which is great--sleeve length is perfect now--probably around 25, maybe just a tiny bit under. neck size now perfect, maybe 15.25. here's a pic i took some time after the first wash & dry.
Nice, thanks for posting the pic!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
What can we expect on the horizon for the coming months?

sdx

Reaction score
Very cool - they literally shipped out today from LA, so we'll have every size in stock by the end of next week.

Yes! Best news of the day

Reaction score
Mike, I just got my navy check button down and navy rivet chinos... stunned. Fit is awesome and finish is like no other. Your measurements online were spot on, and it fit true. Best chino's that have graced my flesh, hands down. Now I'm waiting for you to restock so I can get moar!

stever

Reaction score
****, i could do with some of that in my life. my girlfriend is an a-class enabler

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
You know, our store has been around for three years, and I work out on the floor at least five days a week. I've seen plenty of couples shop, and I can share two pearls of wisdom from that: 1. If your girl tries on a dress and likes it, and then asks you for your opinion, ALWAYS say that you like it - even if you hate it. 2. If your girl is "shop-blocking" a steezy item that you want (ex. Shadow Dot, Floral Shirt, Plaid Pants, Ostrich Cowboy Boots), buy it anyway and tell her "I wanted it, and this is who I am." Ultimately, she'll respect that declaration of confidence and find the item even more appealing. While it seems that they want to control your fashion choices, they really want you to pick out things on your own and have your own style. That's sexy. When she has a son, she can dress a guy in all the clothes that she picks out. This rule of course only applies to sartorially stylish menswear. If you surprise her with an Insane Clown Posse shirt, a whole Pharrell Williams "Billionaire Boys Club" getup, or a French Maid outfit, then you're on your own.
lol showed charlene your post and actually likes my critical eye when we shop together and so point 1 def applys to guys more generally that either dont care or dont know what to say. depends on the girl cuz some girls would hate if a guy just always said yes to everything and shows he could care less and i would argue that most of the gentleman frequenting SF and your shop are more sartorially inclined and probably has a sense of style that the significant other already appreciates. so the gf may already appreciate your own style and the things you pick out. my gf is an enabler on most of my wants, but will not budge on florals
frown.gif
it might just be the stuff that your thinking of trying to pull off or something new that you havent before and trying to save you from a mistake. this of course doesnt apply to dudes who already possess florals, plaid pants and just getting more or diff of same but the aforementioned rules are def good basic rules of thumb for the general public
smile.gif

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for the CPO Wool Shirt Jacket in Grey...hopefully didn't miss out on a SF discount...

Was seriously looking for something like this for what seemed like forever. Never even thought about checking Epaulet, and the version they made looks perfect.
bounce2.gif

If the quality and craftsmanship of this thing is as good as people rave about in this thread...I'm going to have to start looking @ their shirts...

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Just placed an order for the CPO Wool Shirt Jacket in Grey...hopefully didn't miss out on a SF discount...

Was seriously looking for something like this for what seemed like forever. Never even thought about checking Epaulet, and the version they made looks perfect.
bounce2.gif

If the quality and craftsmanship of this thing is as good as people rave about in this thread...I'm going to have to start looking @ their shirts...

theres never been an SF discount for epaulet but he gives first dibs on sales & limited items & preorders, etc and gives refunds/returns of 2 weeks for sf users.

the wool cpo in grey is great. wear it all the time!

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, can anybody tell me how long Epaulet usually take to ship stuff out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads