• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Airports

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I like the Charleston, SC airport. Rocking chairs.

SCA.jpg

GSquared

Reaction score
I love Charlotte has rocking chairs and right next to the rocking chairs, they have... wait for it... OUTLETS! These are like gold in my mind when it comes to airports.

Detroit sucks (not a surprise since it follows that city).
Also, Laguardia. They took out all the food just about so now you have to go to some no name deli that has ****** sandwiches for $8-9 each.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Quito Ecuador, not really but the landing was very memorable for the incredible breaking needed.

The most exciting airport I've ever been to, takeoff- and landing-wise, is Paro airport in Bhutan. Pretty cool video of final approach here:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was once in Western Samoa or Vanuatu, cant remember now, disembarkment was onto the pavement, like the old days. I don't know if they still do that. (probably do)

I would've liked to have flown into the old Hong Kong airport, missed that by a couple years the first time I went.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I was once in Western Samoa or Vanuatu, cant remember now, disembarkment was onto the pavement, like the old days. I don't know if they still do that. (probably do)

I would've liked to have flown into the old Hong Kong airport, missed that by a couple years the first time I went.

Liberia Airport in Costa Rica still does that and it is an international airport.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

on easter island, you climb down onto the pavement, and then the whole thing is pretty open, and once you get your bags you are out in the open. no lobby or waiting room or anything. they have a plane once a day, the airport is closed the rest of the day

actually I've been to airports like that in india, but its more charming when you are on vacation

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God, hands down the worst airport ever for me is Detroit. The whole place is full of gloomy people that all look miserable. I LOVED Amsterdam-Schiphol and I still hear in my head that one girl saying 'Mind your step' EVERY where you go. I guess the Dutch are prone to falling. Also liked Milan-Malpensa, just for the fact I had some EXCELLENT pizza at this one joint right before security. I liked Orlando's airport also....no real reason why. I guess because it's where I always fly out of and have a warm feeling inside every time I'm there.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've done that a few times once at Eppley Airfield in Omaha, Once at O'Hare (flying United returning from Omaha) and once at Heathrow flying BA, which was the coolest of the three!

Septavius

Reaction score
I like Kansas City's airport. "Drive to your gate" was really convenient back before all the increased security measures of 2001. It's still pretty good, since each security checkpoint only covers a few gates, going through is relatively fast.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Absolutely hate the airport at Nashville.

Why? It's certainly not my favorite, but I like how "mellow" it is when I fly in and out of Nashville (closest airport to home for me). Never crowded, lines are minimal, etc. I've experienced much, much worse.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Why? It's certainly not my favorite, but I like how "mellow" it is when I fly in and out of Nashville (closest airport to home for me). Never crowded, lines are minimal, etc. I've experienced much, much worse.
Maybe it was just the part of the airport (terminal) I was in. I flew in from overseas to there and it felt like I landed in the late-70s/early-80s. Decor, seating, even the eating area seemed so archaic. Was starving after long flight that I tried some of their BBQ... my stomach still does not forgive me in this action. **Edit - This was like two years ago... maybe it has been re-vamped since then to look more like 90s?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Maybe it was just the part of the airport (terminal) I was in. I flew in from overseas to there and it felt like I landed in the late-70s/early-80s. Decor, seating, even the eating area seemed so archaic. Was starving after long flight that I tried some of their BBQ... my stomach still does not forgive me in this action.

Hell! Just thank your lucky stars you weren't stranded in Eppley Airfield for 8 hours
devil.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Septavius
I like Kansas City's airport. "Drive to your gate" was really convenient back before all the increased security measures of 2001. It's still pretty good, since each security checkpoint only covers a few gates, going through is relatively fast.
This is really nice. The baggage claim is right there... it's easy. Minimal food options, but if you're on a business trip you can't really ask for more. Easy in and out. My favorite in terms of amenities and beauty is SIN. Orchid gardens... Relatively inexpensive in-terminal-hotels... Spacious and amazingly clean. The old BLR airport was like being on a different planet, especially going through immigration. My home airport of PHL is okay. For all my recent trips, the lines for security have been extremely short. LAX is pretty bad. I like MIA for the relatively inexpensive empanadas, but the security lines on my last flight were incredibly long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads