• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
How wide are the Silents? I can fit in some size 41 CPs but more often than not they are too narrow so I always size up.

I only have experience with the Achilles in CP. They are a little tight but not uncomfortable. 42 was too much room for my liking. The silents fit better. I'm trying to find my measuring tape and I'll let you know the exact width.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ I know, they gave me a free shipping code too but if the sizing is wrong, i'll be screwed with the return/exchange.
And I don't see their sizing chart on the shoes like they do on their clothes.

Thanks Gwyn, much appreciated.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger. I'll let you know how it fits Snow, quick free shipping too, should arrive tomorrow or Friday the latest.

Originally Posted by gwydion
I have a pair of the silent Astilbe hi tops(Was that what they were called?). They're a 42. I wear a 41 in CP and 8 1/2 in rachel comey if that helps you.

great stuff. and thanks
worship.gif

gwydion

Reaction score
You'll have to wait until tonight when I get my plastic measuring tape back for an exact measurement but I used roll-up tape for now and the silents were about 4-5 cms wider than my CPs.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's nonnative quality? Thinking about picking up one of their leather bags from the ln-cc sale (thanks, snowman!).

nonnative.jpg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
How's nonnative quality? Thinking about picking up one of their leather bags from the ln-cc sale (thanks, snowman!).

nonnative.jpg

isn't the beige sold out already? would've instakopped that one
frown.gif

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the beige is sold out.
frown.gif
I only posted the picture since I couldn't snatch a picture of the back of the black version for some reason. I like the look of it, but am curious regarding the quality of nonnative since I've never handled any of their pieces before. I'd much rather have a full-on leather backpack / daypack, though. I'm not sure I'm too big a fan of the shoulder strap. Any recommendations?

kwoyeu

Reaction score
well i'm far from being able to offer recommendations, but maybe this's a good starting point

i kinda like this ervell bag but black is really not my thing...

i'm sure the folks posting over in the manbag thread will have much better suggestions.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Links not working.

Snow - Those KVAs too bulky for me, I like the Silent ones because they're pretty slim and low profile that I can put my jeans over it and the shoe is high enough that a jean tuck (or semi-tuck) could work as well if I wanted to. Most of my recent sneakers rotation has a thick and padded uppers so all I could do is let it fall above the shoes.

Lane, got any sizing info on Silent sneakers?
UK7 = 41.5 and UK8 = 42, for the most part, I'm a 41.5 but I am not really sure how these are sized.

Just wanted to point out- they're not. Everyone is just used to seeing the completely flush toe on CPs and Rafs. The toe on KVAs is still pretty low pro

But Snow, I think you really have to dress within a certain range to wear those DBSS

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
well i'm far from being able to offer recommendations, but maybe this's a good starting point

i kinda like this ervell bag but black is really not my thing...

i'm sure the folks posting over in the manbag thread will have much better suggestions.

Thanks, man. I'll take it over there.
blush.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
Just wanted to point out- they're not. Everyone is just used to seeing the completely flush toe on CPs and Rafs. The toe on KVAs is still pretty low pro

I'm basing it on Snow and Synths fits, they look clunky and huge in their feet but not in a bad way, it looks great in the context with what they are wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics