• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the suit I just got. Looking at it again, there's a couple things I could change. The jacket seems a tad short, and the sleeves are a bit wide, especially at the wrist. I'm also planning on getting the chest taken in a bit...the chest is a little too wide and it's making the waist suppression look more extreme than it really is. There's actually still quite a bit of room around my waist and the jacket is not pulling at all.

The one thing that I noticed in the pictures that I can't figure out how to fix is the lapel roll. It's a 2 button jacket but the roll seems to start as if there was a 3rd button there. Is there any way to fix this?

2cqcoiw.jpg

25jw4tk.jpg

2l9l69z.jpg

yeeth

Reaction score
hm button stance a bit high for me, and yes it's too short.
also i'm not too sure how to fix this but the suit kinda gives you an hourglass figure.... maybe leave the chest, let out the waist by 0.5" and suppress the hip area by 0.5"? thi is just a shot in the dark though, anyone else feel the same?

GloStiX

Reaction score
@Beetlejuice: I hope I don't ruin your love for your new suit, but man, did you see that chest funkiness goin on?

24fxrm9.jpg

The reason I pointed this out is because my re-make came with the exact same problem, on the exact same side of the suit! Was fine on the other side, just like yours. we probably got the same tailor, who did the same thing.

4fxxxw.jpg

It's like a ripple of the fabric which doesn't lay flat, and pinches into the right (left side of photo) armpit as well.

I have opinions about your suit fit too, but everybody desires their own fit, so I'll leave that to you.
smile.gif

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is definitely too big in the chest, so that could be what's contributing to the bunching under the arm that you pointed out. I also noted a couple other things, the main one being that the jacket does look too short. It's weird, a lot of my jackets end up looking too short in pictures. It never feels short when I'm wearing it, but when I see a pic of it then it always ends up looking too short. I think I will ask for a remake due to the jacket length, and I will have them fix a few other issues too.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I applied for a remake today...I'm adding some overall length to the jacket and nipping the chest and hips a bit to get rid of the hourglass figure that was showing up in the pics I posted. I hope fixing the chest will also get rid of the bunching under the right arm that was pointed out earlier. I also let out just a little bit of room in the hips and thigh on the trousers, since they were a little on the tight side. I like slim pants, but these were on the border of being too tight. Hopefully it will look a little better the 2nd time around.

One other problem that I mentioned in the additional notes section when submitting my remake request was fixing the lapel roll. I think the other problems can be fixed by the measurement adjustments that I submitted, but I really hope they will be able to fix the awkward lapel roll as well. I asked them to start the roll right at the top button, because right now it looks like it is starting a couple inches above the top button, which almost makes it look like a 3-button suit that is missing the top button.

LorenzL - your Associate suit shipped a couple days before mine...how did it turn out? Any major issues?

facet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I applied for a remake today...I'm adding some overall length to the jacket and nipping the chest and hips a bit to get rid of the hourglass figure that was showing up in the pics I posted. I hope fixing the chest will also get rid of the bunching under the right arm that was pointed out earlier. I also let out just a little bit of room in the hips and thigh on the trousers, since they were a little on the tight side. I like slim pants, but these were on the border of being too tight. Hopefully it will look a little better the 2nd time around.

One other problem that I mentioned in the additional notes section when submitting my remake request was fixing the lapel roll. I think the other problems can be fixed by the measurement adjustments that I submitted, but I really hope they will be able to fix the awkward lapel roll as well. I asked them to start the roll right at the top button, because right now it looks like it is starting a couple inches above the top button, which almost makes it look like a 3-button suit that is missing the top button.

LorenzL - your Associate suit shipped a couple days before mine...how did it turn out? Any major issues?

Yeah, I was going to ask about the feel of the pants as well, as they did look quite snug. How did the back look? I'm assuming you got a natural shoulder for these as well? Good luck with the remake.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by facet
Yeah, I was going to ask about the feel of the pants as well, as they did look quite snug. How did the back look? I'm assuming you got a natural shoulder for these as well? Good luck with the remake.

Yep, got a natural shoulder....I don't like big shoulder pads so I thought the natural shoulder would look better.

ineedaname

Reaction score
Looking for a little help, I have been reading this blog for awhile now and recently bought a suit through indochino, basically my first suit. Looking to see what your opinions are on how it turned out, I am fairly pleased with it. Maybe the pants could use a touch more length in the crotch as it seems to pull a bit through that area. Anyway I would appreciate all comments, good or bad. Thanks

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Tifochka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ineedaname
Looking for a little help, I have been reading this blog for awhile now and recently bought a suit through indochino, basically my first suit. Looking to see what your opinions are on how it turned out, I am fairly pleased with it. Maybe the pants could use a touch more length in the crotch as it seems to pull a bit through that area. Anyway I would appreciate all comments, good or bad. Thanks

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Overall, not bad at all. There are minor things that are off, such as the pants are too long, the jacket length is too long when looking from the back, the jacket sleeves are a little too long -- you want to show some 1/4'' shirt, shoulders are slightly too big, they should end exactly where your natural shoulders end. And you're right about the front rise -- it's a little too low for a dress pants. Also, the pants may be a little bit too tight at the thighs and they pull slightly. But, the overall fit is fine and needs just some adjustments.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants and jacket sleeves are definitely too long, but I wouldn't say the overall jacket is too long as suggested by the previous post. I think some here would argue that it's too short even, but I think the length is OK. Shoulders look a bit wide as well, and the pant legs seem too be bunching up weirdly around the thighs, especially in the last pic, not sure what is causing that though. Overall not too bad for a first try, but there is definitely some work that could be done.

Scalawag

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. Opposite problem as the above poster... My jacket was too short, sleeves to short. Otherwise everything was perfect and fit really great. Applied for a remake last night to add 2.25" to the jacket and .5" to the sleeves. Dorky pics here.
P5AH5.jpg

LorenzL

Reaction score
Sorry, just saw the updates on this thread now - I got mine a while ago and it fits really well! I didn't have time to take proper photos yet, so I can only share a quick one taken with my phone:

gcglf.jpg

Gotta compare the lapel roll to my other 2-button Indochino suits, but my button stance seems to be quite a bit lower compared to the pics from Beatlegeuse - perhaps also because my jacket is much longer (I have long upper body).

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scalawag
Got mine yesterday. Opposite problem as the above poster... My jacket was too short, sleeves to short. Otherwise everything was perfect and fit really great. Applied for a remake last night to add 2.25" to the jacket and .5" to the sleeves.

Can't see your pics right now...I'm at work and a lot of times the pics here get blocked, but I'll check them out when I get home. Sounds like it went pretty well tho, with the exception of the length. I hope they get it right for you on your remake!

Originally Posted by LorenzL
Sorry, just saw the updates on this thread now - I got mine a while ago and it fits really well! I didn't have time to take proper photos yet, so I can only share a quick one taken with my phone:

Gotta compare the lapel roll to my other 2-button Indochino suits, but my button stance seems to be quite a bit lower compared to the pics from Beatlegeuse - perhaps also because my jacket is much longer (I have long upper body).

Jacket looks really good from your pics, definitely a lot better than mine. The button stance does look a lot lower than mine, and you're probably right, it might be due to my jacket being too short. I added a full 2 inches to the length of the jacket that I posted in the pics on the previous page of this thread, so maybe that will lower my button stance as well. How did the vest fit? Didn't see it in your pic.

Judging by how long it took the first suit to be made, I might be waiting a while for my remake. But, I'll definitely post some updates as soon as I get it.

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Jacket looks really good from your pics, definitely a lot better than mine. The button stance does look a lot lower than mine, and you're probably right, it might be due to my jacket being too short. I added a full 2 inches to the length of the jacket that I posted in the pics on the previous page of this thread, so maybe that will lower my button stance as well. How did the vest fit? Didn't see it in your pic. Judging by how long it took the first suit to be made, I might be waiting a while for my remake. But, I'll definitely post some updates as soon as I get it.
About the vest, I at first thought it came out too long. If you look at the models on their page, the vest stops short just above the belt of the pants. Mine is overlapping the belt for perhaps an inch or too in the front and stops just above the belt in the back. So, I thought it's too long (I never had a vest before), but some people on my blog actually told me it is probably perfect like that! Will post some pics later and ask for some advice on that
smile.gif
Btw, regarding your suit - I think it's really mainly that it needs extra lenght, definitely 2 inch if not even more? You could also ask for less waist suppression, that's what I usually do - I feel they overdo it a bit with that otherwise!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
About the vest, I at first thought it came out too long. If you look at the models on their page, the vest stops short just above the belt of the pants. Mine is overlapping the belt for perhaps an inch or too in the front and stops just above the belt in the back. So, I thought it's too long (I never had a vest before), but some people on my blog actually told me it is probably perfect like that! Will post some pics later and ask for some advice on that
smile.gif

Btw, regarding your suit - I think it's really mainly that it needs extra lenght, definitely 2 inch if not even more? You could also ask for less waist suppression, that's what I usually do - I feel they overdo it a bit with that otherwise!

I had the same issues with my vest as well...mine fits similar to the way you described yours, so I reduced the length by 1/2 an inch on my remake. Like you said, this is my first vest/3-piece as well, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. But when I put it on it did look a little long for my taste, so I figured it couldn't hurt to shorten it just a bit.

I hope 2 inches added to the length of my jacket will be enough...I was hesitant to go too much longer than that. For some reason my jackets always tend to look shorter in pictures I don't know if it's the camera angle or the way I stand or what, but I feel like when I'm just standing in front of a mirror it doesn't look as short as it does in the picture. We'll see how it turns out in the remake...fingers crossed!

Also, I think the waist suppression looks a little exaggerated because the jacket is too big in the chest and hips. I'm actually pretty tall and slim (6'4", 185 lbs), but the picture makes my chest and hips look big. So I trimmed down the measurements in the chest and hips, hopefully that will look the waist suppression appear less severe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics