• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had multiple pairs of H&M pants rip, fwiw

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the grammatical error in the title. Should be Slim Fit Khakis/Chinos I think

Anyone, can anyone recommend some that have interesting patterns on the lining so that when you cuff they add a little flare?

ma1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I've had multiple pairs of H&M pants rip, fwiw

+1

also stitching coming apart and horrible fading after one wash

brokejew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
Just noticed the grammatical error in the title. Should be Slim Fit Khakis/Chinos I think

Anyone, can anyone recommend some that have interesting patterns on the lining so that when you cuff they add a little flare?

been looking for this as well, i know jpress has some but not online.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I saw those posted somewhere and checked their website but couldn't find them
frown.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, the possessive apostrophes shouldn't be there

Originally Posted by ma1
+1

also stitching coming apart and horrible fading after one wash

What do you people do to your clothes / use to wash your clothes? People are always talking about how H&M disintegrates... I Don't wear much H&M any more, but I've never had that happen after one wash... **** I had a couple of those $9 slim polos a couple of summers ago that I must have worn/washed 25+ times each over the summer and neither ever came apart or faded at all.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
h&m is nice for those cheap v-necks and some basic outerwear on discount

everything else quality wise is not worth the money unless its a peice you really think will mesh w/ your wardrobe. experience has shown that their items also shrink like shirts.

meis: i think most of the time people do not know how to do their own laundry =\\

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ironic when you have grammar mistake too in your post.
confused.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so I got my Baron Wells chinos in from the sale. I'm generally a 30 in pants/trousers (32 for slim pants like Mabitex/Incotex with lower rises) and they turned out a bit too restrictive in the top block. I should have gone with my gut and got the 32 or at least one them in 32. Waist was fine, but thighs I could have used another 0.5" of room. So they're up for sale (check my sig), for some lucky member. Aside from that, here are my thoughts:

- well made
- great weight (5 oz. twill) and nice fabric
- taped seams are fantabulous
- full button closure (and the tortoise color accent is a great touch)
- very slim in the top block

So if you have slimmer legs or if your thighs are less muscular or simply on the small side, these are a dream for you. I'm so dissapointed b/c the orange color is awesome. They do fit a tad better b/c the thigh has an extra 0.25" of room compared to the navy pair, but still a tad tighter than I'd prefer. Even with that I'm still contemplating keeping the orange pair b/c of how money the color is. Perfect for spring/summer and fall.

If you like Epaulet chinos, these are right up there with them, just slimmer in the top block.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Sorry to hear they didn't work out. And thanks for posting a review. Now I've got the brand on my radar. In fact, I'd have snagged those navy ones off you if I'd seen this earlier. The orange ones look good but a little out of my steez level.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
^Sorry to hear they didn't work out. And thanks for posting a review. Now I've got the brand on my radar. In fact, I'd have snagged those navy ones off you if I'd seen this earlier. The orange ones look good but a little out of my steez level.

No problem. I thought I'd be out of my league with the orange, but no way, perfect shade. Tee shirt and sneaks would even elevate steez level with these. Embrace color, man.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the same page as tonio -- my Baron Wells stuff got here today, and the orange chinos in size 30 are too tight in the thighs for me.
frown.gif
I'll be throwing them up in B&S sometime later, but if anyone is interested, drop me a message. Like tonio mentioned, the color is fantastic. I usually avert colors, but the orange is definitely something that could be easily pulled off. In the summer, anyway.
teacha.gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fml i missed out, would've bought the 32' in navy/brown

thanks for review tonio. on the look out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads