• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
The Brooks Brothers sale is on, but whenever I try to check out I get an error message after about a minute of waiting. Are other people able to place orders?

Update: Never mind, worked from Internet Explorer for whatever reason.

What sale is that? I am not seeing one....

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[
Originally Posted by jrd617
40, 42, and 44 Pringle Prince of Wales jacket:
41189928sp_12_f.jpg
http://www1.yoox.com/item/YOOX/PRING...s/sr_salemen80

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
The pringle sportcoat is lovely. The fabric has a nice hand. The buttons are genuine horn. It is half lined. There is a floating canvas. I don't recognize the maker's tag but it is Zegna/Caruso level quality. The sleeves are rather long but that is easily fixed. It has a slim cut and high armholes.
I just received mine, and it is lovely, as angel says. It has narrower lapels than I usually like, so I don't think it's my style. I thought I'd offer mine up here at cost + shipping to anyone who is looking for a 40R. Not sure if I'll keep it or send it back, but it deserves a good home. PM if you are interested. $185 + shipping.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took mine to the tailor this morning. In addition to the usual alterations, I'm having him add a buttonhole on the lapel.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a few requests, so thought I'd post measurements of my 40R Pringle here. Seems like it's really more of a 38R; it's tagged as a Euro 50. It's sold out, so in case anyone is looking for this size.

Shoulder seam to seam = 17.0
Shoulder end cap to end cap = 17.75
Chest = 20.0
Length = 29.5
Sleeve = 25.5

I will hang on to it for a couple days in case anyone wants it, then I am returning it to Yoox. Just trying this as a PSA; I'll sell for $185 + shipping, which is my cost. PM me if interested.

Angel, glad yours fits. You got a great deal.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gents i have been forward details of the following trunk shows accross the USA

i beleive that G&G will be bringing their lovely Deco range - they are definatly worth a look in person as i was supprized how sleek they are

deets as follow's

Tony Gaziano will be visiting

April 5th 10AM-6PM
April 6th 10AM-Noon
Despos, Chicago
[email protected]
[email protected]

April 7th 10AM-6PM
Leffot, New York
[email protected]

April 8th 9AM-7PM
April 9th 9AM-12Noon
125 East 50th Street
New York, NY 10022
212 715 2500
[email protected]

Dean Girling will be visiting

April 14th 9AM-6PM
The Huntington Hotel
1075 California Street
Nob Hill, San Francisco
415 474 5400
[email protected]

April 15th 10AM-6PM
April 16th 10AM-6PM
Wilks Bashford/Wilson and Dean Shoes
375 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
415 986 4380
[email protected]

April 19 10AM-6PM
Despos
2535 Cedar Springs Road,
Dallas, TX
312 944 8833
[email protected]
[email protected]

looking forward to seeing updated Appreciation from each show! ;-)

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Got a few requests, so thought I'd post measurements of my 40R Pringle here. Seems like it's really more of a 38R; it's tagged as a Euro 50. It's sold out, so in case anyone is looking for this size.

Shoulder seam to seam = 17.0
Shoulder end cap to end cap = 17.75
Chest = 20.0
Length = 29.5
Sleeve = 25.5

I will hang on to it for a couple days in case anyone wants it, then I am returning it to Yoox. Just trying this as a PSA; I'll sell for $185 + shipping, which is my cost. PM me if interested.

Angel, glad yours fits. You got a great deal.

Based on the shoulder measurement, it looks even smaller than a 38R.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Okay, who's proxying?

/J.Press whore

Gonna be in NY this week. I think I might stop by.

Rbethell11

Reaction score
Anyone else shop on the clearance rack? If not, you should check out some of the online deals right now. Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Lacoste have great sales online right now - on good stuff. 39 dollars for Brooks Brothers dress shirts, 40 dollars for Ralph Lauren sweaters - good buys. I buy a lot of stuff at full retail but I am never embarrassed to say I got a great deal on some really good stuff. Check it out if you haven't - links provided

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...geNo=1&sortBy=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/cleara..._clearance.tem

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...goryId=1760788

http://shop.lacoste.com/Sale-Products/b/2248335011

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure what is exactly special in the links posted. Most of that stuff is always on sale online. Not unless I am missing something...?

And there is nothing wrong with getting articles of clothing on sale. In fact, there are very few things out there that most are willing to pay full retail for, otherwise, the general consensus is to always get things you want at a good (often sale) price.

Flip side is, don't buy things that are on sale on the mere fact that it is on sale. Make wise purchases to add things to your wardrobe. I made this mistake early on. Regrettably.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads