• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Will any of this good stuff sync up to my blackberry enterprise server based work accounts?
i don't know i don't have enterprise (BES) just BIS and everything is sync to google calendar/contacts but the new BIS/BES should be out soon (which might address your question) and q3/q4 means new phones like bold touch, torch 2, and useless 3rd iteration of the storm. i thought about getting iphone but i've had the ipod touch 4g for some time now and realized if i had it as my main phone i'd lose my head, i guess i'm too dumb for it--not for everyone. i'm always in a wifi zone so i'll get cancer from radiation soon and i can skype or video call everyone all the time anyway (which i discovered when someone video skyped me as i was lifting in the gym...what the hell). android phones were tempting but security reasons kept me from jumping...crackberry i'm addicted to you

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I honestly think the bold touch sounds like the dumbest idea ever, what are you going to do on a touchscreen that tiny? And I like the bold. Apparently the torch has innumerable problems. If the second iteration is good I'll consider it but I doubt it could best a 7" tablet given the stuff I need to use it for work-wise.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i don't understand the point of tablets/pads but that's just me. i have a laptop which is portable and i have a phone. i don't need a reductionist's computer or a grandiose phone (whichever way you look at it). not to keen on the bold touch either. there is also a new line of curve coming, meaning they have entry level and mid-tear. to be honest RIM seems a bit lost...only the platform and bbm are worthwhile

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
need an ipad 2, who wants to proxy that for Japanese jawnz??
Japan not getting them anytime soon because of the quake

I commend the fact that you are there helping out. There's an apple store down the street from me, I'll check to see if they have any available. I saw a big line there the other day so not sure, but I know someone who works there so I'll see what I can do.

I'm sure there will be a time when I need/want something from Japan for myself.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
My main thing is to be able to read annotated cases and statutes any time. I will sometimes get an email with a question and I'll have to go back to my office to be able to answer it. Easier if I could just pull up taxnetpro or the annotated tax act and do it on the LRT, the higher ups are much happier when you give them an answer than an "I'll get back to you on that". A laptop requires me to sit down and set it up, it's just not on the same level of mobility as a small tablet and I can't read a spreadsheet on my phone.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
My main thing is to be able to read annotated cases and statutes any time. I will sometimes get an email with a question and I'll have to go back to my office to be able to answer it. Easier if I could just pull up taxnetpro or the annotated tax act and do it on the LRT, the higher ups are much happier when you give them an answer than an "I'll get back to you on that". A laptop requires me to sit down and set it up, it's just not on the same level of mobility as a small tablet and I can't read a spreadsheet on my phone.

completely understandable, i can appreciate the market it's aimed at. that was why i said i don't understand it but that's just me. i can't figure out why i'd want to buy one for myself. then again, if someone was pestering me with incessant emails i'd send back
spam[1].gif

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
need an ipad 2, who wants to proxy that for Japanese jawnz?? Japan not getting them anytime soon because of the quake
ipad2 production will end soon too. 4 or 5 of their internal parts come from japan.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
big.jpg

is this the one you got from gilt?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it looks ok on kunk, he'll break it in soon enough plus it's his grail, or at least something he has been in search of for a while. Worth the $1,000-$1,200 he paid.

Also, what season is it from Kunk?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Judging by discussion on SZ, yes. That's gonna be a lotta gilt credit right there.

he is returning it? why? can he not zip it up?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno I just assumed so, those sleeves look like they're about to burst open.

All RO's leathers looks like that on Kunk though.
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads