• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It appears that a thread was squirreled in which I had four posts.

This post uses up one, leaving two more possible before getting back to 24,999.

I am, thus, entertaining any thoughts on how I can publically support this thread with my next post. I have to reserve 24,999.

Thank you.

- B

Um, please repeat that
confused.gif

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am, thus, entertaining any thoughts on how I can publically support this thread with my next post. I have to reserve 24,999.

Thank you.

- B

Options:

1. get the crew together and post the conservative business dress WAYWRN to end all conservative business dress WAYWRNs

2. moo

On second thought, if post count is that important to you, why don't you ask j to freeze it at whatever number you want?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He will have to throw himself down a hill, dust himself off then take pics & post or else all will be for naught. Unless his post includes the snuffy coat
drool.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
vox's post count should be "- B"

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you.

- B

I suggest you just keep editing this post with all your comments. People will quote it and thus keep it relevant order. At least theoretically.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
RUB7f.jpg

Is this your solito DB? Did you get it with spalla camica? I recall your initial thread about Neapolitan shoulders mention that some people think the shirt shoulder is only for weekend jackets and not for suits. What are you thoughts now about spalla camica in relation to conservative business dress and UCBD?

My NSM suit has spalla camica and has a more casual look than the others I have from Chan. I'm thinking of making a dark navy next and I'm wondering if I should get it with a little rollino in case I want to wear it as UCBD.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
IMAGE_004.jpg

Pinned BD is very Astaire but not conservative business dress.
Originally Posted by poorsod
Is this your solito DB? Did you get it with spalla camica? I recall your initial thread about Neapolitan shoulders mention that some people think the shirt shoulder is only for weekend jackets and not for suits. What are you thoughts now about spalla camica in relation to conservative business dress and UCBD?

My NSM suit has spalla camica and has a more casual look than the others I have from Chan. I'm thinking of making a dark navy next and I'm wondering if I should get it with a little rollino in case I want to wear it as UCBD.

Yes, Solito shirtsleeve. I like the shirtsleeve and get it on all my stuff from him. Honestly, I don't think it effects conservative business dress at all. I can't stand roping and when I use tailors who don't do the shirtsleeve, I prefer the seam pressed dead flat.

cronicmole

Reaction score
Vox- I think you should use one of your posts to showcase multiple recent fits and go out with a bang...

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Pinned BD is very Astaire but not conservative business dress.

It takes a bold man. I wore it to some event that i was invited to.

Shoes:

IMAGE_010.jpg

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
It takes a bold man. I wore it to some event that i was invited to. Shoes:
IMAGE_010.jpg

BB Cordovan?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
C&J handgrade, calfskin. They just appear shinier in this photo.

I murdered it with an Ice pick by comparison to what else I saw at this event, which was business formal.

The photo quality of my HTC phone is superb by comparison to that of the apple phones, I'll have to stop asking my GF to take pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads