• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
'10 Red Poppy, we did a side-by-side with this years. I just bought a couple more bottles on Sunday...

I've been looking for it...we don't get Lost Abbey in these parts.
frown.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We only get certain ones here, all those in the picture are from the now defunct Sinner's Club which you had to be a member of to get all the limited releases...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh...I wish more breweries would do that kind of thing. Red Poppy is the one there that interests me the most.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Ahh...I wish more breweries would do that kind of thing. Red Poppy is the one there that interests me the most.

Well, I don't know about that because you pay an annual membership fee which can be over $200 and that allows you to buy the limited release beers. So, you basically pay money to spend more money, I know The Bruery does that as well and the thing that sucks is all their limited releases are their best beers while their regular releases are pretty boring...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Well, I don't know about that because you pay an annual membership fee which can be over $200 and that allows you to buy the limited release beers. So, you basically pay money to spend more money, I know The Bruery does that as well and the thing that sucks is all their limited releases are their best beers while their regular releases are pretty boring...

Well, the setup of Lost Abbey was questionable, but I like the idea of breweries enabling their loyal customers to take the first crack at limited releases and granting them occasional access to one offs and the like. They would need to run it through a liquor store that is a licensed shipper, but it could be done.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great score Rambo. I've really been loving Unibroue stuff as of recent, especially Don De Dieu.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Oh hai boys!
Ju0Nel.jpg
9LnUEl.jpg
e1p4bl.jpg

This thread is gonna be the death of me
laugh.gif
I'd love to try any one of those stouts!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I stumbled ass backwards into the Fat Tire, Ten Fidy, Hops Slam, and Wells when I found a coffee bar/beer bar that stocked them and was willing to sell to me. They aren't normally stocked down here.

I'll post up my reviews once I start working through them all. If you like apricots, do you best to track down the La Binchoise. Its phenomenal.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Thanks guys. I stumbled ass backwards into the Fat Tire, Ten Fidy, Hops Slam, and Wells when I found a coffee bar/beer bar that stocked them and was willing to sell to me. They aren't normally stocked down here.

I'll post up my reviews once I start working through them all. If you like apricots, do you best to track down the La Binchoise. Its phenomenal.

I've had all of them but La Binochiose. I've actually never heard of it.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Texas_jack, I'm gonna be in Houston all this week. Any Texas brews to look into? I've spent most of my life in Arkansas, so I've had every Shiner beer. Just looking for something different.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot
Texas_jack, I'm gonna be in Houston all this week. Any Texas brews to look into? I've spent most of my life in Arkansas, so I've had every Shiner beer. Just looking for something different.

I wish I could recommend stuff but i've been gone from Texas for 8 years now and i don't even know what's there anymore.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot

Check out St. Arnold's Reserve...

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2011-03-22_20-50-44_630.jpg

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sipping KBS on-tap right now, watching the Bulls dominate and less then 10 people are in the bar...WINNING!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads