• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
I bought a couple of pairs of dockers and I'm happy with them, especially at $20 apiece. They fit very well, a bit too slim at first, then stretch slightly for a tad more room. They still offer a nice cut, are very comfortable, super affordable, and they pair well with just about any of my button downs, in either color of dockers.

I also have the waders (got them at a similar price) and I wear those when I want something a bit more fitted.

If you must spend $200 a pair on something else, be my guest.

Which dockers are you talking about? The d3-d0 line are terrible.

morefishscale

Reaction score
I just purchased the slim fit khakis from Old Navy. The fit is great and matches almost all of my button downs. You guys should definitely look into it if you're still looking for affordable khakis.

dinogj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by morefishscale
I just purchased the slim fit khakis from Old Navy. The fit is great and matches almost all of my button downs. You guys should definitely look into it if you're still looking for affordable khakis.

I got these as well! I was curious when i saw "slim khaki" so I went to try them on and they fit similar to the W&H chinos that are my favorites! i was really suprised by the cut...the fabric is **** though. ill save em for dirty jobs =P

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
tbh the best fitting slim chinos i have are from H&M

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, just saw that PSA on the Baron Wells sale. Oh well. These days I don't think it's super hard to find chinos with a decent cut for cheap (see Gap and Old Navy), but finding a good cut made of good fabric costs money. My faves that I own are a navy pair by Dries and a khaki pair by R&B (I know R&B quality these days tends to be hit or miss, but these are a definite hit). I think the fabric makes a huge difference. You can't always see it in pics, but handling these vs. a pair from the Gap in real life, there's no question about which one wins. But in the end it comes down to what you're willing to pay for.

GQ1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
I got these as well! I was curious when i saw "slim khaki" so I went to try them on and they fit similar to the W&H chinos that are my favorites! i was really suprised by the cut...the fabric is **** though. ill save em for dirty jobs =P

I bought 2 pairs of Old Navy Slim Fit Khakis and I'm very happy with the fit; they're slim yet comfortable with hem of 7.5. I also tried H&M Slim Fit Khakis but the fit is extra slim and the material not as good as Old Navy. For $29.99, these are extremely affordable.

P.S. I think they have more colors available in select stores than online. Check 'em out!

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed an order for two pairs of Epaulet Rivet Chinos. I've heard a lot about the quality, so definitely excited to see whether or not they live up to the hype.
blush.gif

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
tbh the best fitting slim chinos i have are from H&M

I was looking at their chinos the other day but didn't like their design. One was pleated and the non pleated had weird seams. Also, H&M's sizing usually is way off. I had to go down two sizes.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Interested in knowing how those Baron Wells fit for those of you who bought one

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comparing H&M to Old Navy quality is odd as they are equally bad.

Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
Damn, just saw that PSA on the Baron Wells sale. Oh well. These days I don't think it's super hard to find chinos with a decent cut for cheap (see Gap and Old Navy), but finding a good cut made of good fabric costs money. My faves that I own are a navy pair by Dries and a khaki pair by R&B (I know R&B quality these days tends to be hit or miss, but these are a definite hit). I think the fabric makes a huge difference. You can't always see it in pics, but handling these vs. a pair from the Gap in real life, there's no question about which one wins. But in the end it comes down to what you're willing to pay for.

This is my point exactly. I've never tried Dries, but they seem great. I totally agree on R&B, hit or miss lately, but when they hit they're great. I should be getting my Baron Wells chinos this week so I can post some feedback compared to some other ones I swear by (Epaulet, R&B, Mabitex, Incotex, Masons).

Originally Posted by jslade
I just placed an order for two pairs of Epaulet Rivet Chinos. I've heard a lot about the quality, so definitely excited to see whether or not they live up to the hype.
blush.gif

They will so long as you like slim cut and you ordered the correct size. You might as well burn your Dockers/H&M/Old Navy pairs now.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
They will so long as you like slim cut and you ordered the correct size. You might as well burn your Dockers/H&M/Old Navy pairs now.
Yeah, I ordered a size 30 and a size 31 in two different colors to try. I'll be exchanging whichever size doesn't fit for the correct size.
smile.gif

Also, has your Baron Wells order shipped yet, tonio? I haven't received an order confirmation, even though they shot me a message last Friday saying that my order would be shipped on Monday.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Yeah, I ordered a size 30 and a size 31 in two different colors to try. I'll be exchanging whichever size doesn't fit for the correct size.
smile.gif

Also, has your Baron Wells order shipped yet, tonio? I haven't received an order confirmation, even though they shot me a message last Friday saying that my order would be shipped on Monday.

That's what I did when I purchased as well so good move.

Regarding Baron: I got the same email from them last Friday and got a UPS tracking notice yesterday, but no updates yet so I'm guessing it hasn't yet been picked up. It shouldn't take more than 2 days from NYC to me when they ship so as long as they ship today or tomorrow, I'll get them this week.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers, man. Just waiting on my shipping confirmation, then, I suppose.
redface.gif

Originally Posted by tonio028
That's what I did when I purchased as well so good move.

Regarding Baron: I got the same email from them last Friday and got a UPS tracking notice yesterday, but no updates yet so I'm guessing it hasn't yet been picked up. It shouldn't take more than 2 days from NYC to me when they ship so as long as they ship today or tomorrow, I'll get them this week.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when it comes to pants in general from h&m, they are utter **** tbh

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
W+H chinos are nice but the taper is pretty heavy for office pants and the inseam is short. i like the roomier top block (good for tucking).

I dunno if I'd wear W+H chinos to an office... but the taper wouldn't be my concern, I don't think a heavy taper really makes pants unfit for office use. Also I like Unis over W+H for office wear, due to the material and details.

Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck

Disagree about Gap. Tried them on the other day and they're still not very good. The cut isn't ultra horrible... but its really not that good. It's still generally tough to get a really good cut from a mall-type brand, which makes sense, mall-brands cut their clothes to fit the widest variety of people so that they can sell a high # of them. H&M/Zara tend to be the only places that will sell pants that have a good, all around slim cut.

Originally Posted by gettoasty
when it comes to pants in general from h&m, they are utter **** tbh
While they aren't great quality, I've never had an issue with H&M pants falling apart, etc. In fact the pants I have that I've owned the longest are from H&M and they're still in great shape and have never needed any repairs despite heavy use... (I keep them around as pants to wear for cycling so I don't **** up nicer pants).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics