• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
those are cool

Originally Posted by babump
^beautiful shoes Mr. Moo

Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
those are rly nice, moo

Originally Posted by stylesmurf
interesting shoes mr. moo.... what kind of shoe trees are those?

Thanks guys!

The trees are lasted trees from Vass.

Originally Posted by Teger
mr moo i have never understood your shoe choices. theres always something strange and off about them.

I don't really understand what this means. Shoes are a personal choice and are of personal taste, so if, to you there is something off with them then that is OK.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
What he means is that as spectator colours they're not the most harmonious. That much is obvious. That said, they are nice shoes, it is a matter of putting them in context.

Oxblood and navy not harmonious? What are you drinking tonight?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Looks jet black in the pics. If it's that dark it the colors do look a bit jarring together, but I think with the right stuff it can look good

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Oxblood and navy not harmonious? What are you drinking tonight?
They appear to be black in the pictures and your pictures are always really, really good. Thus I surmise that they look near-black IRL. Or maybe it's my monitor. Either way I can only go from the pics and no, oxblood and black as spectator colours are not harmonious at all. Black with ANYTHING on spectators is going to be pretty jarring, even the traditional white. If they look noticeably different in real life, well, then, I am not in a position to judge. But it should be obvious to absolutely anyone with any discerning eye or even a modicum of taste what Teger meant by "off". I am not opposed to that sort of off. Off can not only look good but stand out doing so. It is a risk-reward proposition. Again, context matters. And again, I am only going by what I see on this screen.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Guys, they are not black - dark blue, navy, whatever you want to call that color. I think they look nice in 'real life', and will work well with a lot of pants/tops combinations. They cannot be compared, really, to what is mostly accepted as everyday wear here in SW&D (GAT sneakers or Vanishing Elephant shoes, etc.). Reason I posted them is A) to show what is different and what can work with SW&D styles and B) it is simply a recent purchase.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Despite what is generally discussed here many posters on here are pretty familiar with MC shoes. I don't think such things comprise new and unfamiliar territory for most. I mean, hell, I have shoes for work, mostly tramezzas (no spectators but I did have some navy ones for a while before B&Sing them). In MC, a dark navy and oxblood spectator will likely be looked on as extremely bold, too, not just here. But like I say when something I buy produces skepticism, wait for the fit pic.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Despite what is generally discussed here many posters on here are pretty familiar with MC shoes. I don't think such things comprise new and unfamiliar territory for most. I mean, hell, I have shoes for work, mostly tramezzas. In MC, a dark navy and oxblood spectator will likely be looked on as extremely bold, too, not just here. But like I say when something I buy produces skepticism, wait for the fit pic.

I disagree about it being extremely bold. Slightly non-conservative business dress, sure, but not bold.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MBP 15" 2.0 i7

Pretty happy with it, worth the 2k easyyy, plus I might just cut my internet / phone bill and just use 3G tethering. Seems to be working pretty good for the basics.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
MBP 15" 2.0 i7

Pretty happy with it, worth the 2k easyyy, plus I might just cut my internet / phone bill and just use 3G tethering. Seems to be working pretty good for the basics.

How you gonna wear it though?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple x Rafstros would be baller as ****. I'm just picturing the all white rafstros without the rivets, to be honest.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
How you gonna wear it though?
With it Duckt / Ducked / Duct taped to me First WAYWT here I come!

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Tell me a bit more about the Dries pants. I think I could get away with a medium, but how do the upper legs fit? The pics on LN-CC's site look good, but they look like leggings on The Corner. Not that it matters, since LN-CC appears to be the only place that has the black variation and they sold out today.
they are snug, man. i should have gone for the mediums, and i am skinny. i just kinda pulled on the sides of the legs to stretch them out and they aren't quite so slim now...go for the meds.
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
how does mmm and w+h = brand synergy???? one is semi-workwear inspired and the other is.....margiela
Originally Posted by RFX45
puzzled.gif

you guys ain't got no imagination didn't think i needed sarcasm meter for that post...no but srsly, black antifits have slouchy bum/small drop crotch, tapered at/below knee w/ long inseam. mmm hi's are dope spaceman shoes, and ann d shirt is like...something. gunna look like a total **** but it still looks good. EDIT: LULZ, ps tried on pants w/ hitops to see if my bullshit actually might have worked: it doesn't. looks cool w/ acne dropcrotch "lounge pants" tho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads