• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
please if you could keep rude comments about my thighs to yourself this time.
edit: SHUT THE **** UP MAGICIAN.

Originally Posted by Magician
(keeping this comment to myself)
Just teasing you. <3. My thighs are way bigger for my frame.

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
now i want to know what he said
redface.gif
laugh.gif

Hahaha, seriously? He ninja edited but you can totally still guess what he said.

Shellshock's jeans fit is as close to perfect as makes no odds and the denim looks nice too, but not as much a fan of the top.
Originally Posted by Synthese
didn't plan on posting this, but what the hell. everyday grocery look, very happy with my new skirt. skort. shortskirt. whatever.
SO AWESOME I FEEL LIKE A MEME IS APPROPRIATE BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHICH TO USE

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
IMG_5078.jpg

Might start dressing less grungy and druggy and more preppy.

Just curious, dude (since you mentioned that you used to be 112 lbs)...what's your height and weight now?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Just curious, dude (since you mentioned that you used to be 112 lbs)...what's your height and weight now?

6'7 319lbs

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I do high bar squats with a very narrow stance actually. Might give low bar and a wider stance a try tomorrow. I'm going very low on them, I just have trouble with my knees bending inwards.

ZOMFG, I know the answer to this one, so...I'll just take off my "low-class forum denizen" hat and slip my "former personal trainer" stocking mask over my head:

You have a muscular imbalance, specifically underdeveloped hip abductors. Work these more, and it'll be easier to maintain alignment when you squat. Buncha ways you can do this, all of which involve moving your upper legs away from the center line of the body. Easiest is probably the abductor/adductor machine that you see girls using all the time (just don't use the adductor side). You can also use cables with an ankle strap, one of those multi-hip machines, or a resistance band (and do side-steps or just static contractions).

Also, learning to squat just plain sucks. It takes a while, it's super-uncomfortable, and you feel crazy awkward, but eventually everything just clicks into place. No need to worry about weight while you're still learning; there's plenty of time for that later when your form is solid and you're less likely to injure yourself.

Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
<constructive cez criticism>

cez: I'm only saying this because you know I love you and your standard uniform works very well for you.
inlove.gif

That last fit didn't work and I agree with the shoe-hate... it wasn't just the style that didn't match up. It was also the proportions. The shoe was way too slim/pointy/euro for the rest of the outfit. The look works for LK up there because he's wearing slimmer pants with a much smaller leg opening and a BoO button down. The chambray shirt and the cut of the khaki pants just screams "work wear". LK is looking far more prep there.

Fit would have worked if you either:

1. Wore chunkier shoes/boots
2. Had a slimmer, more elegant pair of chinos paired with a chambray shirt that was cut and detailed like an OCBD rather than a work shirt

I think it would've been fine if cez just tapered the chinos below the knee. Fix the wide hem, and the relative sleekness of the shoe ceases to be an issue.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
how can i continue to squat without adding more thigh mass?
frown.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
do air squats x50-100 reps

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
6'7 319lbs
I'm bad at guessing height, especially if there is nothing on the background to use as a reference. I thought Uncontrol was around 5'5'', but he's really 5'10''.

If Fuji is around 5'10'', then I would venture a guess that he's around 135-140 lbs. I just like to see if I can come close to his actual specs.
teacha.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
really? what can you criticize? sorry, but when it's hot out, I'm not gonna be wearing jeans, tshirts and heavy jackets. im very happy with my style thank you
smile.gif

Yah, you're a regular style icon. I can't believe I humored all of your posts before..you look like every Joe schmoe in va. At least slack tide brings something to the table despite the fact that I detest the brands

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I'm bad at guessing height, especially if there is nothing on the background to use as a reference. I thought Uncontrol was around 5'5'', but he's really 5'10''.

If Fuji is around 5'10'', then I would venture a guess that he's around 135-140 lbs. I just like to see if I can come close to his actual specs.
teacha.gif

I just used the nearby trees. I think he's above 6'1 though

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
bored.
9AsW9.jpg

please if you could keep rude comments about my thighs to yourself this time.

edit: SHUT THE **** UP MAGICIAN.

Don't pay attention to the peeps making fun of your thighs. I think they are a fabulous size. Tired of all the skinny chopstick legs i see.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy
Don't pay attention to the peeps making fun of your thighs. I think they are a fabulous size. Tired of all the skinny chopstick legs i see.

No one is making fun of her thighs mr. white knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics