• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

cromulated

Reaction score
guys, mind sharing a source to grab gitman vintage oxfords for $100-$130ish? they're up to $150 on gitman's own website...

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cromulated
guys, mind sharing a source to grab gitman vintage oxfords for $100-$130ish? they're up to $150 on gitman's own website...

You'll be hard pressed to find a new gitman right now for sub $135.00, anywhere -- aside from used/buy/sell/eBay of course. I suggest just seeking out forum affiliates who carry gitman and apply the SF discount code (e.g. Need Supply) or a shop with free shipping to cut down the expense (e.g. Context, E-Paulet, or Barneys).

madmadigan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Local_Disk
Thats a really informative reply, thanks. The W+H oxford is like 200 with shipping and I can probably get the Gitman for 100. I really don't think the W+H oxford is worth 100 dollars more than the Gitman, so I guess I'll just go with that..

Yeah if you can get the Gitman for a 100 now, I would say that would be an excellent buy. I still will probably get a W+H White Oxford, even if it's expensive, since I have a blue and a red one, and well, it wouldn't be complete without one in every color!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cromulated

Yeah I think needsupply has the white oxford for $135. I think they offer free shipping at $150 and up. My local has them for $130, but they don't offer online sales etc, so even if I was to proxy one for somebody, it wouldn't really be a savings once you had the 6 or 7 for shipping etc.

Originally Posted by slack tide
You'll be hard pressed to find a new gitman right now for sub $135.00, anywhere -- aside from used/buy/sell/eBay of course. I suggest just seeking out forum affiliates who carry gitman and apply the SF discount code (e.g. Need Supply) or a shop with free shipping to cut down the expense (e.g. Context, E-Paulet, or Barneys).

Yeah context is great, they are a little more than needsupply for the white oxford, but they have free shipping and are such a great store with great guys that run it, you can't go wrong. I think wherever you buy the difference will be sub 20 bucks, so you can't really go wrong.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Needsupply also has 10% off for Men's clothes in March I believe. I'm pissed because I can't find chambrays in small anywhere except for RodenGray, and I don't feel like paying 22 dollars shipping for 2 shirts.

hobojones

Reaction score
http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...e/white-oxford $132 at South Willard. By the way, while on the subject of comparisons, can anyone compare the quality of Epaulet's shirting to Gitman? Particularly the Epaulet point collar oxfords. I've been looking for collars that aren't button down (Gitman seems to be heavily into making button down collars), and so I figured I'd take a look at Epaulet. Thanks in advance for any replies.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...e/white-oxford

$132 at South Willard.

By the way, while on the subject of comparisons, can anyone compare the quality of Epaulet's shirting to Gitman? Particularly the Epaulet point collar oxfords. I've been looking for collars that aren't button down (Gitman seems to be heavily into making button down collars), and so I figured I'd take a look at Epaulet. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I don't have any experience with the Epaulet oxfords, but if you are looking for a point collar, it seems like the Epaulet would be your best bet. As far as I know, the Gitman, W+H, J Crew, oxfords all have button down collars, so Epaulet seems like the best choice, plus people seem to really like them, so I don't think you could go wrong with one.

Gmas

Reaction score
Anyone know any spots that have this left in a medium? All of the spots I can think to check online have everything but - small, large, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

GV%20SS11%20green-black-plaid.jpg

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
c0866d08.jpg

e5c06f5c.jpg

notice the slight hint of blue..

Just bought the last small from epaulet, hopefully it gets here by the end of the week. Anyone else here have it? It also seems to run a bit bigger than my small white OCBD (17" shoulders, 19" p-p) according to epaulet's measurements (17.5" shoulders, 19.5" p-p).

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gmas
Anyone know any spots that have this left in a medium? All of the spots I can think to check online have everything but - small, large, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

GV%20SS11%20green-black-plaid.jpg

Union Made just got this and many others in stock

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious about the sizing on the OCBD.

Context has a M being 18.5" S2S and 20" P2P.
However, another stockist has reported the medium to be 16" S2S with the same 20" P2P.

2.5 inches is a huge variance. Does Gitman do more than 1 OCBD in white?

Typically, what size should I get if I'm 18" S2S?

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads