• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When do TM Lewin and C.Trywhitt have actual sales?

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
Seems to be that on the website they aways have some type of deals going throughout the year. Is there a specific time of the year when they have an actual sale and a larger discount?

Thanks.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's weird: in London, these shirts are ****, and their stores have sales pretty much year round; but in the US, and on these forums, they seem to quite popular. :/

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? There's always a sale going on. Go to CT's site right now. Click "Shirts" then click "Dress shirts", then "Slim". Every shirt is listed at 50% or more off of its original price.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Seriously? There's always a sale going on. Go to CT's site right now. Click "Shirts" then click "Dress shirts", then "Slim". Every shirt is listed at 50% or more off of its original price.

cause they know they can't sell at full price...

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 for £100 is pretty much available all year round, with the price sometimes dropping to £90 around the traditional sale times.

The individual price for shirts does vary throughout the year though. I think the cheapest is about £27.50 for a single shirt. Right now they are £37.50

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
4 for £100 is pretty much available all year round, with the price sometimes dropping to £90 around the traditional sale times.

The individual price for shirts does vary throughout the year though. I think the cheapest is about £27.50 for a single shirt. Right now they are £37.50

thanks...do you know when those big sales are? also, anyone have a free ship to the US code?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They normally have a winter and summer sale at roughly the same time as other major retailers, but unless you're wanting suits or shoes the reductions aren't much more than the normal periodic offers.

I think their shirts are good value at £25 and okay at 30-35 but wouldn't pay more than that.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bnussbaum12
thanks...do you know when those big sales are? also, anyone have a free ship to the US code?

You just missed the winter sale*. It comes around every January or so, until mid-February, IIRC. The summer sale* hits about mid-July and into August. There are usually some "further reductions" toward the end of the sales, as selection gets slim.**

* by 'sale' I mean a real discount from the usual sale that's going on all the time.

** unlike the cut of their shirts.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bnussbaum12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
** unlike the cut of their shirts

HAHA-not to hijack from the slim shirt thread but would the "fully fitted John Francombs" be a decent slim fit?

CaymanS

Reaction score
CT shirts are like Baroni suits. The ostensible "mark-downs" are an inflated, invented, laughable number with no bearing whatsoever to reality, because nobody on God's green earth would pay the "full" price, which is the figment of some marketing department guy's vivid imagination.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regardless of the inflated msrp's on their site, I do tend to think their shirts are decent for the price.

important, regardless of whether you live in the UK or the US, order from their UK site.

The prices are much lower, especially once the VAT is removed. Shipping costs are the same or close.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable

This is correct. In July you'll find individual shirts retailing for around £20. In addition you can add Hawes & Curtis to this list too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads