• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
50 is gonna be a rare size in Japan -
thats not true, i'm Japanese and i wear a 50. i had no issues buying 40" chest clothing in japan either
Originally Posted by Lane
/fa/ is the pinnacle of well-dressed men.
not at all, but they frequently post this guy/girl (somebody said he was transgendered? idk if thats true) uncontrol in fake WAYWT threads where everyone proceeds to laugh at him, i think i remember some leopard print vest (my response to that was a kim kardashian obssessed trashy rachel zoe inspired outfit) , and i distinctly remember him holding a woman's hand bag in a few pictures which accounted for a hundred replies of laughs

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Yeah but you have no idea what you are talking about.
im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz, and are very aware of what goes on in the used marketplace in SZ. so they are involved in flipping leathers on yahoo.co.jp as well. what is the source of this odd assumption that you guys have, Japanese people can't read or speak English? I didn't learn english here in the US...

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal

not at all, but they frequently post this guy/girl (somebody said he was transgendered? idk if thats true) uncontrol in fake WAYWT threads where everyone proceeds to laugh at him, i think i remember some leopard print vest (my response to that was a kim kardashian obssessed trashy rachel zoe inspired outfit) , and i distinctly remember him holding a woman's hand bag in a few pictures which accounted for a hundred replies of laughs

you know it might be funny as **** to poke fun at him, but I can't get over the fact that most of 4chans base are people that read mangas all day so what am I to expect from them?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz, and are very aware of what goes on in the used marketplace in SZ. so they are involved in flipping leathers on yahoo.co.jp as well.

man, are you making this **** up as you get to it, or what?

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
man, are you making this **** up as you get to it, or what?

you;
Japanese people are ignorant to the fact that Americans buy and sell julius leathers often times at profit in smaller sizes since they do not speak english or visit american websites

Me:
thats bullshit.

you:
a size 50 is a rare size in japan

me:
bullshit its a pretty common size

you:
are you making this up as you go along?

me:
im simply pointing out that you're pigeon holing a diverse culture due to some preconceived notion supported by what little interaction you have wiith the culture from browsing an auction site.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz
lmao
i'm a heterosexual white dude with a huge dick and /fa/ is really horrible

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats not true, i'm Japanese and i wear a 50. i had no issues buying 40" chest clothing in japan either
LOL an Asian on LS1 Tech? Is your car lowered on Tein S-tech springs with Volk replicas?

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
LOL an Asian on LS1 Tech? Is your car lowered on Tein S-tech springs with Volk replicas?
haha i sold my trans am awhile back, not much just bolt-ons with spray. traded it for a chevelle, now im in a little honda which is lowered
laugh.gif
Still looking for a clean terminator to pick up though. a nice '03 cobra would ran me damn near $100,000 back home get one for less than a third of the price here its ridiculous

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you;
Japanese people are ignorant to the fact that Americans buy and sell julius leathers often times at profit in smaller sizes since they do not speak english or visit american websites

Me:
thats bullshit.

you:
a size 50 is a rare size in japan

me:
bullshit its a pretty common size

you:
are you making this up as you go along?

me:
im simply pointing out that you're pigeon holing a diverse culture due to some preconceived notion supported by what little interaction you have wiith the culture from browsing an auction site.

lol, what the **** are you talking about at this point?

You said:
"im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz,"

Reality says: styleforum ranks as the 53,872nd most popular site in Japan-
http://webku.jp/www.styleforum.net

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
A couple of the Japanese CCP/Rick/etc sellers use SZ picture and sure, some peeps over there are aware of the site. Not sure you can generalize much more than that.

As for ToJ jackets well I have never handled them and can't vouch for/against the quality, however I don't see them as targeting the same demographic and style has RO/Julius/whatever. There is a good reason I buy RO and not ToJ and it has nothing to do with a lack of confidence w. ToJ, I'm just looking for something else. The overlap is mainly with people who are a little bit unsure about the style they want and just look for a "cool leather jacket". I could see a guy wearing slacks and a ToJ, not so with say Julius.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
A couple of the Japanese CCP/Rick/etc sellers use SZ picture and sure, some peeps over there are aware of the site. Not sure you can generalize much more than that.

that's about it, man, but it's about as tenuous as the time somebody on a European ebay used a picture of me on an auction for a Bless coat. Google image search is everyone's friend, I guess.

socal955 is making it sound like the Japanese are adept at understanding English language fashion forums and are active users of styleforum and stylezeitgeist, and that size 50 is common - come on, man. You have to be trolling.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldmanskin
Margiela covered zip. So cool, isn't it?
sarcasm.gif
frown.gif

Is sq arguing in favor of, or against new Margiela this week?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads