• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Airports

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In your opinion, which airports (USA and worldwide) do you enjoy the most in terms of comfort, food, location, and amenities? Recently, I was at Charlotte International; I thought it was, relatively, a pretty nice airport.

Edit: Which are some of the worst? In terms of traveling abroad, which are the hardest to navigate?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I always find US airports to be rather disappointing.

It's been years since I was there, but I remember really being taken by the airport in Kuala Lumpur. It was pretty cool inside, with trees literally growing inside the place.

I think Hong Kong is a great airport - it's always really smooth getting in and out, the in-town check-in is aces, and there's plenty of shopping and eating to be had. Free internet access, and nice wide open gates. I think it's very well thought-through. I don't love the train in the terminal; it's kind of a PITA to get up and down to/from it, but overall it's an A+ experience.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
ICN.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I always find US airports to be rather disappointing.
Conversely, it would be interesting to hear the worst airports you've experienced, especially when traveling abroad. What are some of the hardest airports to navigate in other countries. Are there any that don't cater to the English speaking?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
ICN.

+1.... the best airport i have ever been in. After getting your boarding pass, it takes about 10-15 min to get to your gate, every time.

spb_lady

Reaction score
I love Hong Kong and Copenhagen airports.

The worst I've ever been to is probably Charles de Gaulle airport. Soooo confusing
facepalm.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The worst one I've been to was in Hoi An in Vietnam.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Hoi An doesn't have an airport. You fly via Danang and drive ~30km south to get to Hoi An. Danang is a small provincial airport, and not terrible by those standards.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TL.

HKG, CPN, SIN are all very nice. I seem to remember liking Munich. O'Hare is nice.

Really I don't think I could ever harbor bad feelings about an airport. I suppose Medellin's was bad/boring but who cares.

No I take that back, don't like Miami's pre- or post-renovation.

Also, LGA and JFK suck ****.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heathrow. Terminal 5. idgaf

Venizelos in Athens is pretty cool too. I also like the airport in Dubai. I really dislike CDG. Not a lot of good American airports that I can think of..I do enjoy jetports though (especially the one in Portland, ME).

ntn1779

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
ICN.

Originally Posted by ryoneo
+1.... the best airport i have ever been in. After getting your boarding pass, it takes about 10-15 min to get to your gate, every time.

plus there is a lot of eye candy
satisfied.gif

ewr is good if you don't want to be on time.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
Hoi An doesn't have an airport. You fly via Danang and drive ~30km south to get to Hoi An. Danang is a small provincial airport, and not terrible by those standards.
teacha.gif
yea you're right, its been a while since I was around that area.

elippsis

Reaction score
I also love Hong Kong International.

Maybe it's just my experience, but I hate flying in/out of Chicago O'Hare, every single flight in and out has been delayed for me.

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
In your opinion, which airports (USA and worldwide) do you enjoy the most in terms of comfort, food, location, and amenities? Recently, I was at Charlotte International; I thought it was, relatively, a pretty nice airport.

Edit: Which are some of the worst? In terms of traveling abroad, which are the hardest to navigate?

I remember loving Berlin. Efficient and well laid-out. Rome wasn't too too bad either.

In the US, I like RDU, but hate CLT: I always find myself sprinting from one end of the airport to the other. I also like EWR, but it's probably just because it's what i've always flown out of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads