• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saw a Butt Ugly SUV Today

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Small SUVs are almost universally hideous. I can't think of one I like.
Agreed, and all of them look alike.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is going on with Acura's styling? They look like high end kitchen utensils.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Recoil
I don't think many cars are "ugly", I can appreciate the design characteristics of nearly every car I come across. I can appreciate that look of a Hyundani or a Ferrari. After all, why would anyone design an ugly looking car? But let me tell you, that thing is UGLY...

Take a look at this link:

http://www.weblogimages.com/v.p?uid=...sid=axR52kDQW3

this is a butt ugly vehicle. The Citroen is shaped like a cockroach with wheels. Leave it to the Frogs.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
What is going on with Acura's styling? They look like high end kitchen utensils.

Agreed, well maybe low end kitchen utensils is more accurate.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Nicely put. It's ridiculous how overdone the styling is on the current Acura cars.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i feel like almost every model out by honda group is a massive pile of fail...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^Nicely put. It's ridiculous how overdone the styling is on the current Acura cars.

The front of all of their cars looks like a snow plow.
frown.gif

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most cars and SUV's are horribly ugly these days, and this one is no exception. As a matter of fact, I have no idea what to buy when the time for me to purchase a new vehicle comes. Some (like a Land Rover) are very iconic yet POS in reliability.
confused.gif

CHenry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Small SUVs are almost universally hideous. I can't think of one I like.

Like anything, SUVs are a compromise. VW's Tiguan and BMW's X3 are to my eye the least ugly of the class, not to say they are beautiful. If only they had the reliability to match their price.

Acura: just ugly. Nissan, even worse, which is a shame, because their reliability is good.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cretaceous_cretin
Take a look at this link:

http://www.weblogimages.com/v.p?uid=...sid=axR52kDQW3

this is a butt ugly vehicle. The Citroen is shaped like a cockroach with wheels. Leave it to the Frogs.

that was actually a very techinically advanced car at the time, and regarded by many as a design classic these days...

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...I see quite a lot of these QX56 over here.

I also saw a Nissan Patrol which was re-badged into a QX56...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads