• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Beetleything

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green Lantern
I had been a die hard transitions lens kinda guy but not any more. My new pair of specs is the OP Deacon model with translucent grey-ish frame and I put in the slightest pink tint with harmful ray protection. I am really loving them. I know the frame has been around a while but the finish of these is like nothing I had seen anywhere else and I have had my eye on these frames for a year at least. Pardon the pun.

Sounds interesting - can you post a pic?

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Sounds interesting - can you post a pic? This is not the best photo. I tried to use the white towel to show how slight the pink tint appears.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Nerd glasses:

41gklrDICPL._SX385_.jpg

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green Lantern
I had been a die hard transitions lens kinda guy but not any more. My new pair of specs is the OP Deacon model with translucent grey-ish frame and I put in the slightest pink tint with harmful ray protection. I am really loving them. I know the frame has been around a while but the finish of these is like nothing I had seen anywhere else and I have had my eye on these frames for a year at least. Pardon the pun.

I've been thinking about tinted prescription aviators. Not full on sunglasses, but lighter. Sounds cool but I don't know...

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about getting some more serious frames (I have some Luckys right now that are fine, but nothing special).

Is there a post or thread somewhere that has a list of the SF-approved top tier eyewear brands?

I know about the stand-bys such as Oliver Peoples and Tom Ford -- I'm looking more for the less well-known and perhaps slightly edgier designers.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool. i have a tough one. tell me what frames towa tei used to wear.
y0XL2.jpg
or give me a similar make or a bespoke maker who could do this.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the SF consensus on mikli?

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure about consensus but mikli is pretty interesting and great for the price.
Also, does anyone know if i can get Dita glasses in a more interesting color? /: i want the statesman but in something like red havana

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Milano
not sure about consensus but mikli is pretty interesting and great for the price.

this is my feeling

I'm definitely interested in going for something bolder

A lot of the mikli stuff is a little too out-there, but I dig a lot of the more subdued colors, or the various black-with-subtle-pattern frames

drechie

Reaction score
david yurman eyewear.... where to find? price-range? quality?

also, are silhouette frames "one size fits all"?

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the frames from SALT Optics (from what I hear, some people left Oliver Peoples to form it, after Luxotica bought them out). I also saw some great frames at facial-index in NYC including a line called Spivvy that are made in Japan. Anyone know more about either company or their frames (SALT or Spivvy)? www.facial-index.com (watch out, annoying flash/shockwave window maximier) http://www.saltoptics.com/

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
I really like the frames from SALT Optics (from what I hear, some people left Oliver Peoples to form it, after Luxotica bought them out). I also saw some great frames at facial-index in NYC including a line called Spivvy that are made in Japan. Anyone know more about either company or their frames (SALT or Spivvy)?

www.facial-index.com (watch out, annoying flash/shockwave window maximier)
http://www.saltoptics.com/

these are awesome

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads