• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Local_Disk

Reaction score
As Gagno said, W+H fit is more boxy, while Gitman is longer and their fit is not too slim and not too baggy. BoO are most definitely on the far side of the spectrum of being slim and short. I wish Gitman came darted, because that flare really bothers me.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
Haha thank you, sir. I know this sounds super anal but it's gotta be long sleeved, and the pattern on the sleeves needs to be horizontal as well.
you drive a hard bargain indeed ....

7831_2.jpg
7831_3.jpg

they carry it here http://www.stuartandwright.com/Gitma...hirt_2428.html

aizan

Reaction score
looks almost like a lab coat, except no patch pockets. i mean that in a good way.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide

notice the slight hint of blue..

looks good.

The chest pockets on Gitman appear to be creeping lower. The shirt I have from this season is at least 2 inches lower than my other Gitman. Feels odd having the chest pocket reach my abdomen.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
looks good.

The chest pockets on Gitman appear to be creeping lower. The shirt I have from this season is at least 2 inches lower than my other Gitman. Feels odd having the chest pocket reach my abdomen.

Agree, that does seem really low
confused.gif

babump

Reaction score
How do Gitman shirts compare in size to Ervell button downs? Medium ervells fit me great.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by babump
How do Gitman shirts compare in size to Ervell button downs? Medium ervells fit me great.
Ditto on this question. Ervell is just too long for me untucked.

Also, how does the quality of Gitman Vintage at retail compare to other forum favorites such as Epaulet and WvG? I want to pick up this white oxford but can't debate whether or not to go Epaulet instead.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
I'm debating between that white gitman oxford and the W+H one right now. I wish Epaulet had white and blue oxfords with the button-down collars in, but I missed that batch.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Ditto on this question. Ervell is just too long for me untucked.

Also, how does the quality of Gitman Vintage at retail compare to other forum favorites such as Epaulet and WvG? I want to pick up this white oxford but can't debate whether or not to go Epaulet instead.

As it happens, I just picked up the Gitman Vintage white oxford on sat, and I love it. My local store has had them for a while, and I realized they only had one large left, so I decided no reason to wait any longer, springs right around the corner, and this shirt is awesome.

The most recent white oxford I've worn is the J Crew "destroyed" white oxford, which retail for $68.00. Nothing really destroyed about it, but they wash it heavily so it comes slightly frayed at the collar, sleeves etc, but is very soft, and has a decent weight to it. Not long at all, so looks great untucked. Anyway, it's an xl, and I'm loosing weight, so it's getting too big, so I figured perfect time to get the Gitman white oxford in a size large.

About the Gitman fit... it's great. As of right now, it's to slim in the waist area for me, but within 1 or 2 months, I should of lost enough that it will fit perfect. Anyway, for size info, my large measures about 22.25" pit to pit, and 21" across the waist. The armholes are somewhat high, not super slim/modern like say a BoO, but not baggy at all. I would honestly say it's the classic oxford shirt fit, just slimmed up, so the arms aren't baggy extra. The quality of the fabric is great, really nice and substantial. Like the pic shows from needsupply, the shirt comes washed and is somewhat stiff/wrikled, but I think it would soften some with wear, but IMO is an excellent fabric.

In comparisson to W+H, I don't own the White oxford they make, but I do own the L/S blue oxford and the S/S red oxford from W+H.

It's hard to say I like one better than the other (although I am really liking the gitman). They just are different, but both are great. The gitman is a classic cut on the slim side, where as the W+H has the triple stitched sides, side gussets with the same fabric as the shirt sewn in there, as well as I think the W+H are a little shorter. Also, I would say the gitman white oxford is thicker/more substantial then the W+H

The Gitman is a great value at $130ish, If I recall, the W+H oxfords were around $130-150, but I think prices have gone up, because I think the ones from SS11 are made in japan, whereas the ones I have are made in canada.

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them, but if your are looking specifically for a white oxford, the gitman I have in front of me is awesome.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Thats a really informative reply, thanks. The W+H oxford is like 200 with shipping and I can probably get the Gitman for 100. I really don't think the W+H oxford is worth 100 dollars more than the Gitman, so I guess I'll just go with that..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads