• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Darlton Wingtips

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by malat
Yikes (!) for folks paying full price for this shoe that regularly goes on sale. At least twice a year, they hold the private sale -- just monitor the board and wait for the announcement
smile.gif
I bought mine in October, I believe. I wear them at least once or twice a week. I brush them hell out of them with a horsehair brush and they still look great with a nice shine. They have also aged a bit darker in some areas, which I really like. Finally, mine did appear to arrive about a half size larger than the 9D on the box, but I wear them with a thick pair of socks and enjoy them.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for them? Would like to get a sense of what I can expect to pay. Thanks in advance!

xudisco07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Do you mind me asking how much you paid for them? Would like to get a sense of what I can expect to pay. Thanks in advance!

I think in January during a sale they were 45% off.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Try some padding in the heel or stick an extra insole.

I have no complaint about the price paid or the quality of shoes.

My gripe is with the shape. It's blobby and unattractive. The pictures on the RL website looks much better than in real life. If it weren't whiskey shell colored and made by RL/C&J, lots of people would not have overlooked the inelegant shape/last.

They aren't Whiskey. They're Dark Cognac. I didn't find my pair blobby, though I wear Aldens so everything is relative!

I think the 325 last looks like a better version of something Alden would use.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair for $425 about two years ago, and another pair for ~$500 earlier this year. The $425 price might never be seen again.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I paid $560 incl. express shipping for mine. This is due to the fact that I cannot buy directly from RL (Canada), so the person who sold to me had to take a cut. Despite the slight fit issue on the left foot, I still find them to be an attractive shoe, and do not take issue with the shape of the last.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xudisco07
I think in January during a sale they were 45% off.
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
I bought a pair for $425 about two years ago, and another pair for ~$500 earlier this year. The $425 price might never be seen again.
baldy[1].gif

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

If you watch B&S closely, you could potentially pick up a pair cheap. New pairs pop up every now and then. Mine personally came from eBay though.

malat

Reaction score

I paid just a couple bucks under $400 for them late last year.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
So with all the regret here, who is selling a 8.5?
devil.gif

ahem!

lemme know!

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also I may try to buy up some RL gift cards. you could get another 10% off or w/e that way if you don't mind being patient and hanging onto the cards.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I paid $300 for mine, new. Back in my more aggressive eBay days, I picked up a new pair for $90. Deals like that don't come around much, but I have done better.
devil.gif

haaa, you are kidding right?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haaa, you are kidding right?
Nope. There's someone around here that could verify that tale. interlockingny, I think. After I graduated, and mostly gave up the eBay biz, I thought about writing a book or manual on how to make money on eBay. It would be a ton of work, so not free. Also, I would probably get a ton of flack from the existing eBay sellers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads