• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

doublemazaa

Reaction score
I'm a small guy (5'7", 120lbs, 34" chest) and I'm looking to buy a new suit. Can anyone suggest lines that might have something off the rack before I start getting involved in MTM?

Thanks.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a simple leather coin pouch? I know in the US you may not have much use for them but here in Canada we have $2, $1, $.25, $.10., $.05, and $.01 coins. I usually dont bother carrying anything smaller than $.25 coins but it would be nice to keep all my change in its own place in my front pocket. I dont like wallets with coin pouches built in sinc they feel too large. Any suggestions?

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bluesky
Thanks - I a nice man. Are these the chukkas you where thinking of? http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/cs435.html

The closest I have found to the chukkas are ndc made by hand:
http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/tag/ndc-made-by-hand/

Closest to the brown boots are Tom Ford:
http://tooklookbook.com/brands/tom-f...-winter/look-1

Closest to tan oxfords are ndc made by hand:
http://www1.yoox.com/item/YOOX/N.D.C...U/sts/sr_men80

Yup those are the ones. I'm not really a fan myself so can't offer much more in the way of advice/experience, just noticed the polo ones in the catalogue. They have some nice shoes in there.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kellgy
Any opinions on these shoes? They are Eduardo G. captoes on sale for 165.00 and appear to be a good deal.

f_3287N_2.jpg

f_3287N_3.jpg

f_3287N_4.jpg

I look the shoes but not crazy about the color.

kellgy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
I look the shoes but not crazy about the color.
I decided against them for now. I think another color combined with a more refined design would be more to my liking.

Von Kaiser

Reaction score
The tag says "do not tumble dry," but I didn't notice it until I took the shirt out of the drier. The fabric has ripples throughout. Is the shirt now going to tear or something while I'm wearing it?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Von Kaiser
The tag says "do not tumble dry," but I didn't notice it until I took the shirt out of the drier. The fabric has ripples throughout. Is the shirt now going to tear or something while I'm wearing it?

The only problem I see is that it may have shrunk a little...after washing on delicate, I put mine in the dryer on air tumble/no heat to get the water out and then hang dry.

Von Kaiser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
The only problem I see is that it may have shrunk a little...after washing on delicate, I put mine in the dryer on air tumble/no heat to get the water out and then hang dry.

Then what's all this business about how tumble drying ruins shirts?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NVM as to what?

Then what's all this business about how tumble drying ruins shirts?

What's exactly are you asking?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I irreparably damage the shirt by tumble drying it?

Did you tumble dry it in high heat or no heat? What type of fabric is it?

Von Kaiser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Did you tumble dry it in high heat or no heat? What type of fabric is it?

It's cotton, and I used heat, although I don't know if you'd call it high heat.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's cotton, and I used heat, although I don't know if you'd call it high heat.

Normally, plain cotton will just shrink. However, some fabric is weaved (or even just the stitching) using different type of threads. They may shrink/stretch in different rates upon exposure to heat, thus rippling. Depending on severity of the problem, it may or may not be curable. Try rewash it in cold water, then hang dry or tumble dry with no heat. If that doesn't help, I don't know what can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads